St. Patrick's Day Clowns

ClownfishSushi

Hey, RC!

I survived a move this summer and my broodstock have finally got back into the swing of things. I was hoping to get a few of the Racoon-type Platinums out of my St. Patrick's Day hatch but it wasn't meant to be!

Here is a little sneak peek at some of the Platinums from my St. Patrick's Day hatch this year as they approach their 6 month mark! Video link below the pic!

plat09004.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2KKHIAtdNk

Good to hear you are back in the swing of things and recovered from the move. I owe the survival of my one remaining survivior of my Onyx Percula pair to your constant drip by drip method. My little clown fry that we named "Solo" is definatly a Clownfish Sushi fan! Maybe I can hook him up with one of your platinums some day. :inlove:

Good to hear you are back in the swing of things and recovered from the move. I owe the survival of my one remaining survivior of my Onyx Percula pair to your constant drip by drip method. My little clown fry that we named "Solo" is definatly a Clownfish Sushi fan! Maybe I can hook him up with one of your platinums some day. :inlove:

This made my night! I'm so glad to hear at least one person tried the slow-drip fry tank!

I actually paired one of my C-Quest Onyx offspring with one of my nicer looking Platinums and they get along great. It's surprising to me that fish that come from the opposite ends of the color spectrum get along so well but they clearly both know they are perculas. I've searched online and found a few people who tried pairing Onyx and Plats a few years ago but I haven't been able to find any offspring pictures or what they decided to name the offspring. My girlfriend has a few suggestions involving "cookies and creme" clownfish.. haha

Anyways, yeah a platinum would go along great with your onyx!

those are quite lovely. are you going to be selling them?

Thanks for the question but solicitation on the RC forums is explicitly forbidden.

I've already received an infraction today for listing my website in my signature (something I did several months ago when I set up this username) and do not wish to anger the mods any further. It's far to easy to get a permaban on this site and I enjoy sharing, not selling, to this community!

removed

Last edited by a moderator:
You are definitely on the cutting edge with new types of clowns and your knowledge is very extensive. I always look forward to reading your post and seeing your pictures and videos. It's an honor for me to see the true professionals sharing their success on RC.

Thanks Jason

Thanks for the question but solicitation on the RC forums is explicitly forbidden.

I've already received an infraction today for listing my website in my signature (something I did several months ago when I set up this username) and do not wish to anger the mods any further. It's far to easy to get a permaban on this site and I enjoy sharing, not selling, to this community!

Hi Jason,
Thanks for the update. I noticed your website on your signature & I was going to add mine but didn't think it was aloud.
Moving can be difficult on spawning pairs. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back