Starboard/ABS bottom for my refurbish.

kcamp317

Hi. After a successful 16 year career with reef aquariums I have suffered my first major crash and out of control bubble and hair algae outbreak. I currently am only running a 29g biocube with a 32g LED lid upgrade, MP-10, a few other goodies.

Anyway, I am going to tear it down, setup a temp 10g home for my clowns and anemone and sterilize all the rock, equipment, and throw out the old sand bed.

I got a 24x24" sheet of the ABS from Bulk Reef Supply and I can make a pattern out of cardboard to cut it to fit once I restart but it obviously won't go in as one piece due to the top plastic rim.

Was wondering if anyone else has some tips or a picture/explanation of how they made this work. I'd think if I were to make the shape pattern, cut the ABS, and then maybe cut it in half I could angle it in the make it fit.

I would try 1 piece placed in on an angle using the template, you just might get lucky.
You can always make the cut.

Yea, I'll try it. When I heard it advertised as a "mat" I was under the impression it might be somewhat flexible but its a rigid 24x24" piece. Oh well....it will do. This will be my first go with a "bare bottom"/no sand setup. Kind of excited to clean everything out and reboot. Still not sure what happened, I haven't added anything to the tank in a couple years....just one day out of nowhere the algae started coming and despite my best efforts it just got out of hand. I think the old sand bed must be the culprit.

Back