starfish

Fromia and Linkia types. Supposedly most don't live past 6 months to a year in tanks. I've had both for several months and they appear to be doing fine, but time will tell.

cerpent stars are good and last 4ewer... feed with fish food.
only problem-they knock things down.

How about a couple of Harlequin Serpent Stars? Just got a couple of these the other day:

LatestPhotos015.jpg

LatestPhotos018.jpg

They are around 4" from arm tip to arm tip.

Lee

Ihoy - I forgot all about the serpents - very good choices, although you don't see them out very often. I have a nice one too and it always has it's arms out at feeding time & occasionally will take a walk across the tank in the daytime. They are surprisingly fast too! They're also very hardy and long lived, plus a great part of a cleanup crew. Here's mine on a recent, but rare "stroll" at feeding time:

Octo12_15_07.jpg

I agree about the clean-up crew part. They are probably the best at eating dead/rotting things in the tank like dead fish/invertebrates. They clean it up and eat it so fast. But you might be dissapointed in them like me, because they don't come out often, I read that you can teach them to come out by only feeding them in the morning in one spot.

Acclimate the stars carefully too and good luck.

Back