Starting ~800 Gallon Custom Reef Tank Build

Sump update ...

Sump update ...

Here is little progress and I did buy 1/2" thick insulation green pad and cut it out to make surface even and with help of my younger brother I was able to slide the sump that was sitting in back yard for over a month. Tank fits nicely and it is sticking out 2 inches and hangs over the slab, I will have to cut out piece of wood and slide it under the sump to support the overhanging part, I did not consider loosing 4 inches of space when we put together the sump and installed 4x4 supports, I did calculation from the wall to the end of the slab, But this should not be show stopper. we have work around for this. More than half of this sump will be filled with rock and front of the sump where I have easy access will have large section of refugium and I will be able to hang light over the fuge with magnets on the steel eye beam. Here are some of the pictures...

Attachments

• sump101.jpg
    sump101.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 9
  • sump102.jpg
    sump102.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 7
  • sump103.jpg
    sump103.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 6
  • sump104.jpg
    sump104.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 9
  • sump106.jpg
    sump106.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 9
Hey Ravi... sorry about my previous post. For some unknown reason, your thread never posted your posts after the 8/30/2018 post from "thirst." When getting on this morning to see if you had replied the rest of your posts until 10/29/2018 loaded. Once again, sorry about my above post.

Thanks for sharing your build! It looks like it's coming along very nicely and I'm looking forward to following along! BTW - are you familiar with the other online forum that is much larger than this one? I am very certain quite a number of members would love to follow your build too!

Back