Starting up my JBJ 12g Nano Cube again

Sorry to hear that Bob....post some info when you have the time re: params. Maybe we can figure this out. Did any of the fish show signs of illness? contaminants? SH

steelhealr said:
Sorry to hear that Bob....post some info when you have the time re: params. Maybe we can figure this out. Did any of the fish show signs of illness? contaminants? SH

No ... other than the cloudiness on the left eye of the gramma, there were no signs of illness... The sixline was a complete mystery to me because it was doing fine the day before I found it dead... It was eating and going around the tank just fine... The gramma had the only outward signs of a problem...

I cashed in my "credits" with LA this evening and decided to get something new for the tank rather than replace the fish.... I'm getting a "very" nice "ricordia florida" rock from the "Divers Den" section... It will not show on that sight now since I purchased it... Gold and Green Ric's on a 4 1/2" piece of rock... I've already got a spot for it... It will be here on friday...

I'll try to post some params tomorrow ... too late in the evening now...

Bob

WendyMc said:
Sorry to hear about the fish. Did you get them both from liveaquaria?

Yes I did... As I posted above, they've honored the 14day guarentee and I've used it to buy a nice ricordia rock... But since I'm not getting direct replacement's reshipped, I'm having to pay for shipping... The new piece also comes with a guarentee... I'm going to hold off on fish for this tank.. at least for now...

Bob

Very nice Nano!! Love the aquascape! i was thinking buying the same tank and keep seahorse with pipefishes :)

The beginning of a nano tank is the most critical time period. Remember...we're basically keeping a tank that is a 'glass of sea water' in our house. From my brief experience, I can tell you that losses will occur most frequently during the first few months. Eg, my tank could barely get a pH greater than 7.8. It's finally hangin' in at 8.2....like a cold engine coughing and spitting and then warming up to a nice hum. Patience. But, keep on plugging. My tank is almost entirely stocked by liveaquaria. Although the shipping seems steep, if you 'bunch' your orders, the savings on livestock usually make the shipping costs equitable. Besides, their service is great. JMO. Keep up the good work Bob. SH

i2ik said:
Very nice Nano!! Love the aquascape! i was thinking buying the same tank and keep seahorse with pipefishes :)

Thank you very much ... Wait until you see the Ricordia that's comming tomorrow.... very nice colors....

Bob

steelhealr said:
The beginning of a nano tank is the most critical time period. Remember...we're basically keeping a tank that is a 'glass of sea water' in our house. From my brief experience, I can tell you that losses will occur most frequently during the first few months. Eg, my tank could barely get a pH greater than 7.8. It's finally hangin' in at 8.2....like a cold engine coughing and spitting and then warming up to a nice hum. Patience. But, keep on plugging. My tank is almost entirely stocked by liveaquaria. Although the shipping seems steep, if you 'bunch' your orders, the savings on livestock usually make the shipping costs equitable. Besides, their service is great. JMO. Keep up the good work Bob. SH

Thanks SH.. It is a little disheartening when you lose fish so quickly... You're right though... The Black Cap that I put in my 150 plus the Foxface Lo that I also put in there are doing fantastic... And the leather is fully opened as well... :lol: I thought the polyps on it would have been a little bigger though... it looks like "fuzz"... But it definately likes it's new home... Better flow and lighting... But that tank has been set up now for 8 months so that says alot.... I'll keep plugging though...

I love the stuff at Liveaquarias "Divers Den" section... I think I'll be filling my 37gal with it.....:rollface:

We'll see

Bob

WendyMc said:
It might be a good idea, there might be a parasite that will die off w/out a host for a while.

Yea, I agree... aside from not seeing anything "swimming" around in it, it looks really cool with just the shrimp and the corals/polyps... I may put a court jester goby in "when" I go for another fish.....

Bob

Sorry for the delay but I finally got the photos of the ric's that I got from Fosters&Smith.... Very nice and good colors ( IMO ) I also put in some button polyps from my 150gal.....

IMG_2064.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

Bob

Very nice. I think ricordea adds so much to a display because of the way they floresce. Are those eagle eye zoos from your 150? They have great color!

WendyMc said:
Very nice. I think ricordea adds so much to a display because of the way they floresce. Are those eagle eye zoos from your 150? They have great color!

Thanks and I agree that the ricordia adds alot to the tank .... The brown button polyps are what I added from the 150gal.... The others are from Fosters & Smith....

Bob

Great job Bob.....ricordeas can really expand...make sure they have room to spread out. They reproduce by dividing by fission. Lookin' good. SH

steelhealr said:
Great job Bob.....ricordeas can really expand...make sure they have room to spread out. They reproduce by dividing by fission. Lookin' good. SH

Thank you.... I'll keep an eye on them.... My first one has already gotten larger ( you'll see it in earlier pics )....

Bob

Hmmmm well it's been a while but here are some updates.... I've gotten a new camera that I'm getting used to ... a Kodak Z740.. 5 megapixle really nice.... I'm also having some issues with one of my zoo colonies ( you'll be able to tell by comparing previous pics with how it looks now.... Not sure what's going on but I've heard that maybe I've got too many pods running around the tank causeing them to be irritated and staying closed... But I've lost part of the coloney.....

This is the one...

100_0008.jpg

More pics of healthy stuff

100_0010.jpg

100_0009.jpg

100_0007.jpg

100_0005.jpg

100_0004.jpg

100_0003.jpg

And there ya have it.... Let me know what you think of my zoo problem... ( anyone )

Thanks

Bob

Back