Still frustrated, confused, and depressed! HELP PLEASE

This stray voltage thing seems alarming. 12.6v is a lot! I would disconnect equipment one piece at a time until the source of this is found.

From an earlier thread I seem to remember the tank was covered (glass top?) is this still the case or is the tank open?

-droog

I've also kept softies, LPS and SPS corals in tanks half the size of yours with no issues. I don't think chemical warfare is causing the issue. Like mentioned above, you should fix the stray voltage issue.

Well cncguy, you've got lots of helpful, conflicting advice to choose from now.
I'll throw in another two cents, and say alleopathy sounds possible. It will be a happy day when there is a way to test for that. Meantime run some carbon. As said above, carbon is better in its own reactor. If you don't have a spare one, the sump is fine. As for the Mg, I'd let it come down naturally. Don't be depressed and don't give up. Everyone's tank is different, with different problems. And personally I never believe those people who say they never have problems, that their tanks are always perfect. Don't you believe them!

Just had a thought about the poisoning subject. Could my haitian anemone be causing problems? Every once in a while I'll see a little 'slime' I guess I'd call it, floating up from the anemone, and into the overflow. Is this common, and could this be a problem with my corals? Have had a clown in there since december, and he loves the anemone. So could the clown be promoting this slime stuff? If this is a possible\probable issue, I'll move it and the clown into my nano to see if it helps.

Total noob here, but i'd fix the voltage issue first...then sit on it for a week and see what happens. If these corals like a little dirtier environment, i'd get some phytoplankton and target feed some corals.

Like i said i'm a total noob, but i have some corals that require feeding, since i've been target feeding all corals, even ones that do not need to be fed, have taken off... Phyto really filths up the skimmer and the tank a little, but it's been noticeably better.

i think that ignorance is bliss, in a lot of ways, in this hobby. It seems the more you know the more changes you start to make and end up with failure. us idiot newbies seem to do pretty good until we think we know something...Just say'n as mentioned by others patience.

Back