STN: I'm In desperate need of advanced help.

- nothing is always. i have no problem keeping and growing maricultured acro whatsoever. just a bit more works(cut off the base, dips, check and remount) i try to get fresh cut frag unmount, lessen the chance any pest hitchike. then all i need to deal with is dips and mount.
- no clown goby, even they don't nip, they will sit at the base of the coral, that might cause issue.
- love the equipment. I am hard plumbed all the way, nothing wrong with love nice equipment. I am an equipment junkie as well.
- every tank is unique, there is no "only" way to skin a cat. no need to wait 12-14 months for acros. as long as you know what you doing and the system is stable. i had done day 1 acro, no issue.(live rock pre-cured) but if you are new to the game, 1-3 months is a good amount of time to let the system stable a little bit more.
- i have luck with peppermint and cleaner shrimp eating vermetid snails, also i only find myself have a vermetid snails problem when i overfeed a lot.

Do you think a fire shrimp would also go after those snails? I want one of those. If not, I may get a skunk cleaner as a safety because I'm sure a snail or two is going to pop up each month that I have to kill... with fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think a fire shrimp would also go after those snails? I want one of those. If not, I may get a skunk cleaner as a safety because I'm sure a snail or two is going to pop up each month that I have to kill... with fire.

fire shrimps are nocturnal, so primarily shy not as active as cleaner shrimps. you are better off with cleaner shrimps. as long as you don't overfeed too much the cleaner shrimp should help the problem, but I don't think they will eliminate them completely.

fire shrimps are nocturnal, so primarily shy not as active as cleaner shrimps. you are better off with cleaner shrimps. as long as you don't overfeed too much the cleaner shrimp should help the problem, but I don't think they will eliminate them completely.

True. I don't think there is really a livestock solution. I just kill them when I find them. The usually hang out in the algae glass cleaning pads which I just dunked in peroxide today. Kill with fire!!!!

Back