Stocking 32 Gal Biocube, let me know what you think!

Kilich

I was thinking about stocking my tank with 6 fish, I know the rec is about 5 tops, but I plan on doing WC every 7-10 days because I'm also heavily stocked on corals. This is the list I was planning. The tank has been set up for a year but the 1 clown and 2 black stripes have been added about a couple of weeks ago. I plan on waiting about another few weeks before adding anything else.

2 Black Stripe Damsel
1 Clown Fish
1 Lemon Damsel
1 Watchman Goby
1 Sixline wrasse

I have the 2 black stripe damsels and clown in there right now, they are all around the same size. The bigger damsel chases the smaller damsel around a bit but there are no visible bite marks or torn fins, this usually happens only when they think they will be fed. So everything seems relatively peaceful at the moment. There are numerous hiding caves in the tank with about 15-20 lbs of live rock in there.

I read that I could have up to 3 damsels, I know the black stripe are more aggressive than the lemon. I really want to try and keep the two damsels in there because they are kinda a ***** to catch and get out of the tank. I really like the stark yellow fish.

Please let me know what you guys think of the stock list. I plan on only adding 1 at a time to see how aggressive/territorial each react to the situation and wait around a month in between each addition. The goby is going to be mostly underground so I dont think his addition will really effect the territory much. Is there an order I should add the next fish?

I think you have too many damsels. The clownfish is a damsel, so that makes 4. Your probably also pushing the stocking limits with 6 fish in a 32g tank. It can be done, but I think it would work with less aggressive fish.

Also, consider switching the six line with a pink streaked wrasse instead. The pink streaked is a bit smaller and peaceful, with some personality.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ok instead of the lemon damsel, what would you suggest? Are there any other stark yellow fish I could get? I was looking for something with bright color.

I could always take out a black stripe damsel.

Yellow clown goby is always a great one for a less aggressive nano. You'll never see it if your damsels start nipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a yellow coris wrasse, not all yellow, but a royal Gramma is very bright.

Maybe a yellow coris wrasse, not all yellow, but a royal Gramma is very bright.

I second the roal ramma. There are also some nice dotibacks that have yellow and some basselets with yellow besides the royal gramma.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I would avoid the damsels altogether and go with different fish due to the damsels overall aggressive personality. Some chromis would be nice

Back