Stocking help, new tank.

bamcnatt

Thanks for your time guys/girls, I have a few questions as I am new to the scene. Here's what I have, 100g fish only tank, 10 hermits, 5 turbos so far. Any more suggestions for cleaning crew? Here is my stocking list so far, any help would be great! I'm looking for the time frame on when to buy them, what order to buy them in and if they will all get along. Thanks again!
List:
1 regular clown
1 picasso clown
2 kauderns cardinalfish
1 pink spotted watchman goby
1 one spot fox face
1 blue tang
1 powder brown tang
1 choc chip star

Do you eventually want a reef tank? That's a fairly reef-friendly group.

The tangs may be an issue. How long is your tank?

The starfish probably will be an issue, but I will let a more experienced reefer chime in on that.

What about wrasses? Flasher and fairy wrasses add a lot of movement and color to a tank.

Eventually down the road a reef tank is possible for right now and the foreseeable future fish only though. As for the star, don't have to have one, wife thought they are cool and served little for functionality but it can go. Tank is 5ft long, so probably gonna take the powder brown tang off the list. Any more suggestions on something else to put in? Can i throw in another goby but not the same one?

Eventually down the road a reef tank is possible for right now and the foreseeable future fish only though. As for the star, don't have to have one, wife thought they are cool and served little for functionality but it can go. Tank is 5ft long, so probably gonna take the powder brown tang off the list. Any more suggestions on something else to put in? Can i throw in another goby but not the same one?

Blue tangs need a much much larger tank. 180g+ and preferably 8' long.

A white tail bristletooth will do much better in that tank and is equally stunning in my opinion.

I have a watchman goby and I love him! I'm not sure about another goby as I'm not too familiar with them, but just wanted to say that they are a great choice!

A school of zebra dartfish
You could put a sharpnosed puffer like a valentini or blue spot. They may or may not go after your clean up crew.
A dwarf angel
Basslets

go to live aquaria and read their writeup on all those fish...add the friendly ones first and the more aggressive ones last and at the same time, if possible.

You don't like dwarf angel? How about a yellow coris wrasse? I love my yellow coris wrasse. It needs a sandy substrate to hide and to sleep.

NEW LIST: What do you guys think?
1 clown normal
1 picasso clown
2 kauderns cardinalfish
1 pink spotted watchman goby
1 one spot foxface
1 powder brown tang
1 tiger watchman goby
1 heniochous blk and wht butterfly
1 sunset butterfly

Powder brown tangs are nice looking fish, wish I had a big enough tank to get one...

Each fish has it's own personality, even those that are suppose to be aggressive. So if you really like the tang, you should try one in ur tank and see if it gets along. I believe as long as u introduce the big fishes at same time, they wont get too territorial. I'd just make sure to get it from a reputable LFS and not online so I can go to select a non-aggressive fish. I bought a shy kole tang from a LFS and it was not aggressive at all to tank mates and got along swimmingly with others.

Bamcnatt-
Have you considered a Kole Tang? They're gorgeous, are much more mellow in temperment than the Powders or the Blue Tang and are more suited for a tank your size.
A Scopas Tang is worth considering too - if you want a different type of Tang- I have one and he's a sweetie. Great personality.
Get your clownfish when they're SMALL - and when you're finishing stocking your tank!

Back