Stomach Infections?

turtlespd

Premium Member
Just got done on your excellent reading on this mag..I do have a question about the fishes that are comming in..There is a claim that over 60% or more of the fish comes in with stomach infection and/or stomach diesease? I then began to look into my tank and notice most of my fish have abnormal stomach. Is this something i should worry about? If so is there any way i can treat them? without having to remove the spiecis out of the tank? My inhabitants contains a variety of tangs. A sixline wrasse, a few Dwarf angels. Did i catch this too late? I have had all these fish for over a year and hope to keep them for the life of my tang..i would really be unhappy is one were to die

Paul

I then began to look into my tank and notice most of my fish have abnormal stomach. Is this something i should worry about?

what do you mean by "abnormal?"

If so is there any way i can treat them? without having to remove the spiecis out of the tank?

intestinal worms are treated by feeding medicated foods. a brief description is included in the column on leopard wrasses. for a more descriptive explantion, visit the disease treatment forum at RC. bill chamberlain can give you better advice than i could.

HTH

henry

cool i will check out that forum..i never noticed a disease for..hehe

The abnormal stomach seems to be lumpy..like someone stuffed it , not like it was over fed but more alongs the lines of a duffle bag full of cloths

Paul

Back