Strange Orange Dots. Please help

Are they all the same shape. Hard to tell with my old eyes and they are blurry.

I also would not add any chemical to remove them. If they are flatworms, that wouldn't bother me as they disappear on their own, eventually.

Are they all the same shape. Hard to tell with my old eyes and they are blurry.

I also would not add any chemical to remove them. If they are flatworms, that wouldn't bother me as they disappear on their own, eventually.
Hello Paul,

No they were varying in sizes, some were tiny lil dots but others were much bigger. In terms of look, they looked like mole on skin. Different sizes, some very circular but others might be weirder in shape, not exactly a circle. I hope I can describe it

I tried to zoom in one pic and marked them. Hope is it more visible now

48D53AE4-AC29-4A6C-94E0-8637594D9928.jpeg

Well, your red circles are more visible. :) Flat worms can change shape but they all have a similar shape. I can't tell from the pictures but even if they are flatworms, I would leave them alone. I have had infestations of flatworms before a few times and all those times, they disappeared and never hurt anything. Once there were so many flatworms I could hardly see my rock. :oops: I personally would not add anything to eliminate them because if it has the word "eliminate" in the description of how it works, it is a poison of some type. It just depends on the dosage as to what it kills.

Flatworm exit kills flatworms and I assume all worms and a large part of the microbiome in a tank are microscope worms. But thats just me and I wouldn't use any chemical in my tank for anything that I can remember. Good Luck

Well, your red circles are more visible. :) Flat worms can change shape but they all have a similar shape. I can't tell from the pictures but even if they are flatworms, I would leave them alone. I have had infestations of flatworms before a few times and all those times, they disappeared and never hurt anything. Once there were so many flatworms I could hardly see my rock. :oops: I personally would not add anything to eliminate them because if it has the word "eliminate" in the description of how it works, it is a poison of some type. It just depends on the dosage as to what it kills.

Flatworm exit kills flatworms and I assume all worms and a large part of the microbiome in a tank are microscope worms. But thats just me and I wouldn't use any chemical in my tank for anything that I can remember. Good Luck
thanks Paul.

I hope it is not flatworms or nothing to worry about. I am planning this tank to be clownfish pair-anemone only tank. So even if they are flatworms, or antthing else, I hope it is safe for both fish and anemones

Thanks Misled

I cant see these being flatworms but I cant be sure. I checked many pics online, they seem much different to me . Like this one:
42A7542C-876A-40FF-94B0-EC1C1AE996A3.jpeg

They seem easy to distinguish from pics

They still look like flatworms to me. I wouldn't worry about them
Those are flatworm pics. I found it on google for comparison as this one shows how “flat” they sre for real! The picture does not belong to me. It was credited for the youtuber “abreezeducttesting”, so it belongs to them I believe.

Are Flatworms potentially harmful for anemones?

Speaking of it, now that I recall, the purigen bag where I had shrimp had partial orange coloration on it after it decayed a lil and released ammonia. It was pretty much the same color. I wonder if it is related.

Back