Stream vs Surge Device

pbcunningham

Hi, first post, apologies if this has been covered before. I have never seen the Tunze streams in action so cant comment on them, If I got one 6000 stream at one end, (which can be computer controlled) and a 6060 (which cant) at the other and adjust the 6000 to 'pulse' will this create a decent wave effect in a 5 * 2 *2 tank along with the return pumps. (one will be a spraybar under the rocks and the other will create diverse flow across the width) Will this create a similar amount of turbulence as a surge bucket device. (Another idea I'm toying with)

Thanks in advance

Peter

It should create a good flow. You could accomplish a very good effect with 2 6000 and a 7094 multicontroller it would give better results even then a surge bucket in my opinion because you could have tide modes and pulsing.

Hi, if I decide to go for that option, where are the best positions in the tank to place the streams, I presume one at each end, but are they in the middle facing down the length of the tank, or in the back corners facing to the middle of the tank.

Will having two return pumps from the sump effect the wave/pulse patterns much. What I'm really after is a left to right wave.

Thanks
Peter

Both positions could work and will largely depend on layout of the rock- you will just have to try for yourself and see what is best. The return should have no negative effect. In tifde mode the pumps will alternate one on and one off and while on they will pulse between low and high speed.

Back