streams and controllers

nemo g

i am in the process of selecting an controller (rk2, nept jr, etc) and wanted to make sure i would not have any issues with either the strams or nano streams.

would there be any damage or issues if the controller was used to turn off the pumps on and off Only for feeding and night "modes"?

thanks

thanks roger,

i just came across a thread in the digital aquatics forum, and they state the streams can be used as a wavemaker with the reefkeeper 2. is this correct?

Not within the terms of our warranty, the warranty does not allow any non Tunze wavemaker to be used. I would not recommend it as it will be hard on the pumps and will brake the drive units which may result in overheating and pump failure. The 6060 and 6080 should only be swicthed off an on once an hour, the 6025 and 6045 I am still awaiting a final answer but expect 15minutes will be the minimum. The 6055, 6000, 6100, 6200 and 6300 are best controlled by our controller to access the speed control functions.

thanks again,

i didnt plan on using the controller as a wavemaker, but just wanted to make sure i crossed all my t's.

i hate to ask, but any update with the inspection production lines? and if the nano streams have started to roll out yet?

Hi

How does the Tunze Controller controled Stream different from a Nept jr control Stream?

PLMK
Thanks

It allows you to control the speed and set the pump to pulse between two speeds, it is beyond simple off and on function.

Back