Strontium

3" or larger.

Thank You. Should I wait until I get Nitrates in the water? I consistently read 0 with salifert and RS. I took the skimmer off line to see if it will rise. I believe 5 is a good spot to be. Am I wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You. Should I wait until I get Nitrates in the water? I consistently read 0 with salifert and RS. I took the skimmer off line to see if it will rise. I believe 5 is a good spot to be. Am I wrong?

3-5 for acropora tanks is perfect. Other tanks will tolerate much higher.

I'd wait on the clam for a few months.

I started dosing Stronium. Second dose of the week was tonight.... Testing to happen Saturday. It takes 20 to 30 minutes to test.

I've dosed Strontium and didn't see any change in acropora growth or color.

Sorry to hear about the clam I bet ur wife is upset

She is. She tries to get into this hobby because I am into it. This was one thing she really wanted. I will get her another one after Independence Day. I am going to give it a while. I hope to raise no3 and keep it stable before I buy a $160 clam.

That is a bummer I remember I had a clam in 06 07 it was like 60$ and come to think about it I don't much see them in the stores

I've dosed Strontium and didn't see any change in acropora growth or color.

I don't have any coralline algae growth and some say it could be low stronium. I'm going to bring it up to nsw and see if anything happens.

I tossed the clam last night when I got home from work. This morning I woke up to this email from a LFS. I think they are playing with my emotions.
a4a123586ed437103b1dcffa31e07ea6.png

those look great.

I am going to check the parameters in my upstairs tank and decide if I want to get on and keep it in there for a few months. I need to research more. I have been busy here at work tonight, but looks good to research and do some homework now.

Is it a bad idea to buy it and house it in my 29BC and then transfer in a few months when I get my Nitrates up and stable? Or would you wait? Looks like nice clams and a good price. Plus I have a store credit. I can't find any information on how they do in high Nitrate tanks (20ppm).

Back