Strontium

Both should be taken care of through regular water changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if I regularly do water changes every 3 to 6 months I am good? Just kidding. My system is over 250 gallons and I am trying to avoid BIweekly WC.

Avoiding water changes =
The beginning of the end!!!

Not completely. Just not wanting to spend $60 a month on WC alone. Hoping to get 3 months out of the bucket/box of salt. I have read that many people are successful at zero water changes. I am not trying to be that guy. I don't mind doing water changes, but I would like to stretch the length between them out a bit. That's why this conversation started. I don't test for strontium so I wanted to see if anyone else does. As you can see in the original post, I have a low nutrient tank.

Here's a few shots of my two clams. I'm not an expert, I just stayed at an holiday inn last night. Ignore my rock walls minor cycle please, it's younger rock.
448e0137ce30045d543e21f63524f39e.jpg
d3f92192c0dd96bbcf0121e8957aec2d.jpg
a6a77bd0ca5614b9d8b8f4c07ee9e853.jpg
1f24773ae835b8c781015c1c91d3a49f.jpg

Last edited:
Tank looks beautiful! Love that clam sitting in the midst of all the palys.

Tank looks beautiful! Love that clam sitting in the midst of all the palys.

Nook that's the giant rock I got from you :D My pipe fish have started dancing over the paly's, its pretty cool to watch. I have seen them do it a few times, I'm hoping they mate. The clam's all seem happy, they are the easier Derasa species so that's a plus.

I thought it looked familiar, that was like 20 pounds of rock all in one piece!

Don't wait, just do it. From your description it's a goner. Sorry but best to get it out before it pollutes the tank. I've been through many clams & I firmly believe that starting with a robust & healthy specimen is crucial.

Don't wait, just do it. From your description it's a goner. Sorry but best to get it out before it pollutes the tank. I've been through many clams & I firmly believe that starting with a robust & healthy specimen is crucial.

I will take it out tonight when I get off work. Thank you.

I want a clam. What is your suggestion for a size that will have a better survival rate? Smaller the better as I enjoy watching things grow. I made the mistake with this one thinking that I would be able to keep it alive because I have ultra low parameters.

Back