Stuck at home... time to do all those little things I have been meaning to do

mkart

So it's looking like we will all be spending a lot of time at home over the next month. Anyone have a list of aquarium needs they have been neglecting.

I installed a 1" valve on my water station to gravity fill a bucket with RODI faster today.

Bought two fish from Marine Solutions Friday and have them in QT. I worried about how the stores are going to weather this storm. Pintail wrasse and a damsel.

Performed water changes, cleaned the algae scrubber, changed the filter socks, mounted a frag, changed GFO/carbon and performed my water tests this morning. Now mag is high at 1400 so I am tapering it back down. Had high consumption for a bit but leveled off.

Still need to clean up my wiring for looks and modify a manifold in the sump.

I have a sheet of 3/8" cast acrylic so I think I might try to make a frag tank. Thinking 18x40x7 since it is only 3/8" and I have a stand that is only 18" deep. I will probably euro brace as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm taking a page from the same book, plumbing up the 120 and gonna have it wet this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why cant my stand be done!!!! i want to work on my tank sooooo bad. Im so envious of you guys.

Im about to take this stand builder to court.

Why cant my stand be done!!!! i want to work on my tank sooooo bad. Im so envious of you guys.

Im about to take this stand builder to court.

You should reasonably be able to ask for some cash back... how long have you been waiting?

40cc7c16bcc5a517b5834dc0e1fb4d8a.jpg

I'll be documenting coral growth for the next month [emoji23]

You should reasonably be able to ask for some cash back... how long have you been waiting?

3 months. Yeah i can ask all day for my money back :( I had him sign a legal contract with a timeline of three weeks. If anyone knows a good tank stand designer, let me know.

Here's the stand i'm getting built.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, i'm super envious of you guys. To keep busy i started a Brine Shrimp hatchery :lolspin::lolspin:

Attachments

• 20110602_233414040_iOS.jpg
    20110602_233414040_iOS.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I'm just hoping the corals keep growing. I do need to refill my calcium reactor. Might look into that peristaltic pump that smoothdog swears by if I can get a link. Also, wanting to go carp fishing but the rivers are all flooded!

I'm just hoping the corals keep growing. I do need to refill my calcium reactor. Might look into that peristaltic pump that smoothdog swears by if I can get a link. Also, wanting to go carp fishing but the rivers are all flooded!

Here you go Nook. I like this one because it's easily controlled and calibrated right from the pump. It also uses standard santoprene tubing that you can cut to size.

https://premiumaquatics.com/products/kamoer-fxstp-calcium-peristaltic-pump.html

The Ecotech Versa pump looks like a good cheaper option, but is only accessible via Bluetooth on a phone or tablet and uses a proprietary tube.

https://premiumaquatics.com/products/ecotech-versa-dosing-pump-vx1.html

Someone said a watched pot never boils. I feel that way about my corals right now.

Here you go Nook. I like this one because it's easily controlled and calibrated right from the pump. It also uses standard santoprene tubing that you can cut to size.

https://premiumaquatics.com/products/kamoer-fxstp-calcium-peristaltic-pump.html

The Ecotech Versa pump looks like a good cheaper option, but is only accessible via Bluetooth on a phone or tablet and uses a proprietary tube.

https://premiumaquatics.com/products/ecotech-versa-dosing-pump-vx1.html

Thanks, Kirk!

I ended up running to The Corner Reef to buy dry goods yesterday and was surprised how many people were out and about. Too many people there for me to browse and buy livestock but he looked to have great stuff. I made sure I added enough to have 6 month supply of dry goods in case things get crazy. Had the pool company set me up with 12 the years worth of chemicals too. Now it's just food runs I have to make I hope.

It's driving me crazy not being able to add much to my tank right now being a tinkerer. Nook is healing a couple more Frags for me but I'm thinking of ordering a large Battle Box next month if the flights and delivery is worked out. Who knows if it would show up in time right now.

Stand is in and level.... wrapping everything with FRP. I'll run a new 20A circuit, then plumbing... being quarantined isn't all bad.

bc9339cbae03a9bfa7f30b3f974b611c.jpg

f2c82e5b89cbe889e412be9fca4287cc.jpg

50e457bc9aa58d599cf49074c75171bf.jpg

493800c84ed185be5f7edbda14d16514.jpg

Back