suggestions on cooling my biocube? and quieting fans?

sinful

my temps are starting to climb a bit after upgrading with another row of light. the kit included 2 new fans and they were "supposed" to cool even more by 1-2*, but infact they dont cool aswell and are loud as hell. Anyone have any suggestions to cool tank quietly? And any suggestions on quieting down the current fans? I've looked everywhere for 50mm-50mm quiet fans and they seem non existent. I might have to make a mod to put in a pair of 60mm. Also I have heard you can add a drop of oil to the fan...but I'm a bit sceptical on putting any kind of oil anywhere near the tank. Anyone suggestions?

I have been looking for replacement fans for my nano cube. I have found 50mm fans on ebay. Just have to find the highest CFM and Lowest db. That will be the best fan. Good Luck!

-ben

I first saw windywilly on ebay a couple years back and I just buy direct now. never had any problems with orders and great fan for the competitive price. They offer different combos and CFM's.

i used a hole saw & drilled out the BioCube logo on the front flap - replaced it with an icecap fan mounted from the inside, with the metal guard on the outside .. looked pretty darn good. worked well. I placed the icecap temp probe into the clear light over ... the temp probe for the AC JR came out one time w/out me noticing .. so the fan ran for a few hours .... tank was down to 72*F .

oh .. that was with a nano-tuners.com 70w MH kit, the 2 upgraded fans, + 1 of the original PC's left in. worked very well.

thanks for the info, I just got 2 60mm silentx fans and I'm going to try and mod the hood to accomodate the slightly bigger fans.

check out panaflo fans by panasonic, they are quiet.
and i'd pass on putting oil in the fan to quiet it down.

Back