Sump Light

Cramz07

I'm going to just get one of those clip on light reflectors from Home depot but for the bulb would a grow bulb people use inside to grow their flowers work better? What works the best for you guys?

I use the clip one on my 28 gallon with a nvision 5700K bulb

on my 60 gallon i use a lights of american fixture the 65W one and it is great!

I got a 5100k cfl clip on flood light I found through Melev's site. Works great. Have a lights of america 6500k/65w that I haven't yet put in service.

Look for the closest Kelvin to 6500 you can get. Can be tricky to source the info. Most light manufacturers NOT in the aquarium specific industry only care about putting lumens, watts, etc. on their packaging.

At Home Depot get the daylight bulb it states right on the package Daylight its in Blue packaging if I remember right. These bulbs are 6500K or 6700K I cant remember but they work great.
Andrew

Thats the exact one i got but without its own reflector...Does it needs it's own reflector or not b/c mine went out in like less than 2 hours....its about 6 inches or so from the water

I used one of the small clamp on $7 fixtures that you can find over by the shop lighting, and painted the outside black (I use them on one of my fresh tanks as the lighting) I got another one for my fuge too.

I did a search on some of these. Technical Consumer Products is fairly good about giving kelvin. I just ordered a couple replacement floods that are .23w 6500k

Back