Sump Question

Diver,
We are almost neighbors. I live near West Palm but I work in Vero Beach. Thanks a million for the great pictures. The reason I was thinking about the DC and POV is those are the ones that Jeremy at Coralvue said are the newest models. I think the POV2 is a little out of my price range and the specs on the POV 1 for heavy filtration drops below the size of my tank being a 150. The DC200 for heavy filtration specs out to a 200 gallon tank then going upward to light filtration would spec to a 300 gallon tank. I know 300 is overkill but when I took into account the heavy filtration it dropped to being equal to a 200 gallon tank then I didn't think it was overkill anymore. Thoughts?
David

Very cool, I dive in WPB all the time!

I'm sorry, I thought you were referring to the cheaper model Reef Octpous Skimmers

I use the Reef Octopus POV-DC1 on my 120, which I just started up last month, so it is lightly stocked. A Pair of clowns right now, and CUC

Theirs allot of info on this skimmer here:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2256050

Yes, towards the end of the 17 pages, I'm on their complaining I can't get it working correctly, and a few others, but many have had great success since it came out

I personaly love it, and wouldn't change it for anything else, despite all the issues I been having

Only thing I could see, is possibly going with the DC2

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2307140

I've seen allot of people go with the DC2 with my size 120DT to a 150DT.

I went with the DC1, cause of the bio load on mine , will not be fully stocked till a year from now, then I may upgrade to the DC2

One is a in sump, the other is a EXT skimmer, outside sump. I looked them up before buying the POV-DC1

I've heard great reviews, but their mid line for Reef Octopus

Their POV line just came out

Their SRO line has a proven track record, and was their best skimmer, before the POV line was introduced

Then their Diablo line, and then INT line

Back