SUMP refugium SETUP - HELP

REEFDXB

Hi guys

By introduction I'm RAPALA and I need HELP"¦ Ive had two marine setups before but both setup the wrong way crashed and I lost interest 1st was a Red Sea Max 250 and second was a Jewel 300 setup with 2 external Canister filters (big mistake).

Long story short I now have a 170x65x65 cms display tank and 150x50x50 cms Sump below with the following 3 chamber design as I was using it for fresh water and have now emptied it and starting with a reef/Marine setup from scratch.

Question: I want to add a refugium and the only possibility I can see is the center section as you can see in the photo or I move the return pump to the middle and use the last chamber as a refugium and feed water using a pump? (Not really sure if it would work)?

Do you guys have any better suggestions and why? Would appreciate your input/assistance so I get it correct right from the start!

Photo Links below.. Thanks

aA8BRBoSDXzFsJhw5

01fvUH

Attachments

• SUMP Design 2.JPG
    SUMP Design 2.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 0
It's a good start. Yes, I would go with the fuge in the middle and the biggest possible. Going based on your picture, your tall baffles need to be tallest to shortest, left to right. First baffle from skimmer say 12 inches, then 11, then 10, then 9. This way it flows easily from skimmer to fuge, then return pump section.

Oh and Make sure to clean any used tanks and equipment with Vinegar and water before starting.

As drawn... fuge in the center is your only option unless you wanted to start changing baffle configurations..

Back