Sump room V 1.0

rklutt

Here is what I am thinking... The display is a 75g RR AGA (for now)
In the basement I will have a 100g sump tub, 29g fuge, 40g prop tank all run by a Hammerhead pump with a super squirt running the tanks water.

My plan is to make both drilled holes in the overflow returns to the 100g sump and making a pvc return sturcture for the squirt that will be in the hood of the tank.

I guess my biggest question is pluming it all together and controlling the amount of flow to the tank and the rest of the system since I have a muthr of a pump now...

Drainage...
As of now I have a durso on the larger (1 1/4") of the 2 drilled holes and was wondering if I need to make the smaller one (1") a durso as well or could I just attach a shorter piece of pvc to it to just drain straight down... with a screen of course. What would my gph be with both running???

Return from the pump....
Ok here is where the big ??'s are. Since it's a 5800gph pump and at best I will be able to get is 1200gph out of the tank. The super squirt can handel 2500gph but I can't run that much through it cause the tank will flood (and we sure don't want that again do we...) So I called Paul at Oceans Motion and spoke to him about the whole set up and here is what he suggested: take 1.5 pipe from pump through a T then a ball valve and before the SS reduce to 1" and then SS to tank. Now at the T shoot a 1.5 out and reduce it down to a 1" then a ball valve before the prop tank then another ball valve in front of the fuge tank feed. Prop and Fuge are both gravity feed return to the sump. Paul said it will take some fiddling with to get every thing tuned in but that was his suggestion.... what do ya think...

Emergency shut off...
The last thing I will need to do is add a emergency shut off float switch in the main display so I don't have another overflow problem in the living room. This will be mounted to the hood and hang down into the tank with a snail guard so they won't screw it up.

Well let me know if any body has a suggestion, idea or magic trick...

Rob "the living room flooder"

Back