Sunburst anthias question

pecan2phat

Has anyone attempted to keep more than one Sunburst/fathead anthias in a tank around 100g?

Some online websites states that this should be a solitary anthias and others state that you can place a trio together.

Warren, I'm going to tag along with this one.......I had one in my 90 and it was very shy. I was tempted to get a few more, but never did because I also thought they were solitary and they would fight.

you can have more than one fathead in your tank. I had 10 of them in a 120 gal. with no problems. They are not as aggressive toward each other compaired to the other anthias.

not sure about having 10 but i had two that i bought and added at the same time in a 60gal cube. i bought one that was much larger than the other. at the place where i bought them they were in the same tank so i figured it should work out.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7568018#post7568018 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by young-d
you can have more than one fathead in your tank. I had 10 of them in a 120 gal. with no problems. They are not as aggressive toward each other compaired to the other anthias.
Would love to see photos if you have some! What a wonderful display :)

Mike,
I picked one up at Fish Town tonight.
There were two in the tank and you can see that they were on the far corners away from each other.
If there were three, I would have tried putting a trio in.

Back