Superman Rhodactis?

mfinn

Premium Member
Picked this up at a new store called Kahuna Corals. The owner is a new sponsor on reeffrontiers and he sells stuff on line as well.
He had this titled Superman Rhodactis.
What do you think?

11798superman_mushroom_closeup_2_1.jpg

They are beautiful, but I think putting "Superman" in front of a name is a bit of a ploy to pump up the price (given the current expense of certain other superman titled coral).
Looks awesome anyways! :)
Cheers,
Aaron

That's kind of what I thought. There are a few "superman" corals making the rounds.
I am happy with my purchase even with the marketing.
I'm wondering, just how big this sp. gets?

I just got the same rhodactis a few weeks ago from my LFS. They also pushed it as a Superman Rhodactis. I trust the owner enough that he was told this, and was not naming it himself. Also how much did you pay for this piece (that is if you don't mind posting it)?
S5300054.jpg

-Kyle Kaz

I paid 5 bucks, but traded in another piece of coral for $25 store credit. Looks like you got the better deal because you have 3 heh. What kind of lighting are you keeping them under?

I use a 250 watt PFO HQI ballast with a Hamilton 14k bulb.
The store I bought it from is mainly a online store, but welcomes walk-ins and will give a 20% discount for not having to ship.

Yeah, the guy is just starting out, I hope he makes it.
It's www.kahunacorals.com

I hope this isn't viewed as a commercial post, I have no connection to the company, other than my hope that someone here in my area can successfully compete against some of the more expensive lfs here.

I have mine near the top of my tank under a 250 watt mh 14k bulb.
Is this a good place for it or would closer to the middle or bottom be better?

Mine is in the middle of the tank (90g) under a 175w 14k bulb. You might want to move it down farther if you notice any loss in color or how large it expands. Mine is doing fine where it is so there is no need to move it, if yours is doing fine then I would see no reason to move it. The less you move your corals, the better they will adapt to your tank (less stress).

I usually don't move stuff around much, but I have noticed that the rhodactis isn't opening as much as when I first got it.
I knew this piece was going to be moved, just wasn't sure where.
Thanks

This thing doesn't like too much light. I would move it all the way down. My put mine on the bottom under 250W 10 XM bulb and it seem a bit much for it.

Back