Supplemental light

Scotty333!!!

Guys,
Ahead of a par meter coming to tell me my par levels are to low for a mixed reef I’m looking at 2 leds to fix inbetween the light clusters on my maxspect r6
Anyone use AI ? I’m looking at those cos they’re 4” which will fit perfectly
Any other suggestions?

Rl90 is cheaper?
You will find popbloom pricing is all over the board...
EDIT.. removed link the cheap $60 one was for the Refugium version.
yea Turing controller version is more expensive..

$188.10
$285.00-34%
Extra 5% off with coins

PopBloom-RS90 Aquarium LED Lamp, Coral Marine Aquarium Light, Saltwater Aquarium Tank, Sunrise Sunset Light, 60cm-240cm, SPS LPS​

Coupon & Discount
$20.00 offOn orders over $400.00
Color: 1 lamp with hang kit

Its kind of messy still stands..

WIFI version..

$150.25
$285.00-47%
Extra 10% off with coins

PopBloom RL90 WiFi Led Aquarium Light Reef Light Aquarium Tank Saltwater Coral Reef Growing Seawater Marine Aquarium Tank Lamp​

4.9 40 Reviews ౹ 162 sold

Coupon & Discount
$20.00 offOn orders over $400.00
3% offBuy 2 pieces
Color: 1 WiFi Hanging Lamp

Turing Controller has been around a long time. WIFI is new-ish..
They partnered with Tuya at some point.

Oh yea keep in mind that if you get a faulty WIFI board and you bought it NOT from Popbloom you may have warranty issues.

Last edited:
So go with the rl?
I believe the RS has the turing controller whereas the RL uses a phone app. The RS can be upgraded to wifi and thus also use an app ( I think). The RL has no controller ( no idea if it can be added) so that's why the lower price.

Oh right thanks for that , well I want to replicate my current maxspect light settings , on at 8 peaks 1-5 and off at 11
I’ll go slow though given the par figures it claims (500 at surface)

So go with the rl?
Well that is your decision.. You can upgrade the RS90 with Turing controller to the Wifi version by purchasing a Wifi module to plug into it.
Just an update for anyone else following the thread. I have two RS90 that I've upgraded to the wifi model. One light has been fine (my right hand one) but my left one has had two faulty boards.

I've swapped the first light back to the old style manual controller. I'll probably do this on the other light as well just so they are the same, at least until I can get the left side light fixed.

I'm lucky I have the option of going back to the manual controller.
Jan 5, 2024

Normally a bluetooth/wifi type app is preferred by me as long as its not cloud based.
In this case I'm not sure the Wifi mod is ready for prime time yet.
'
It might be a bit painful going back to a wired controller but in this case "I" would.
As I said they are always (hopefully) upgradeable.
Yea kind of expensive from the cost difference to the add on module..
Your call

YMMV.

Oh there are things to consider in ALL programmable lights. Which controller/light has what you really want.
e.g How many time point can you set? Can you shut off moonlight..ect..ect..
Unfortunately I can't answer that for these..

Back