Swapping tanks out...Please help

michael43

I have a port jackson pup in a 120 right now... I bought a 220... is there a safe way to make the transition to the new tank without hurting the fish or do I just need to set it up and let it sit 6-8 weeks and then put him in? NEED ADVICE. This fish is like a puppy-dog to me so need to do this properly but really want to put the new tank where the old one sits now

Michael, you need to pose that question in the Fish Only and Aggressive forum, where there may be people who know sharks better than I do. The one thing I know they need is plenty of oxygen and room to move---I'm not sure it's an old wives tale that they breathe by moving, but that would be my first worry. Have you got a fish store that could babysit him for you while your new tank cycles? That would be the ideal situation.

A side note: RC can be incredibly slow and look like it's not responding to your key push. Pushing the Submit key again is what causes the multiple posts. Just wait: it will get it done on the first keypush eventually.

Back