SWFMAS Frag Auction February 19th

Ron Reefman

Our Annual Frag Auction will be Sunday, February 19th 2017.
This auction is open to all (members and non members alike). However, you must be a paid SWFMAS club member to sell at the auction.
There will be a live raffle at this event and you must be present to win. Tickets are $1 each.

3061 East Riverside Drive
Fort Myers, FL 33916

Click here for a map

Door Fee:
SWFMAS club Members - $3 per person
Other Florida MAS Members - $4 per person
No Club Affiliation - $5 per person
(children under 17 get in free)

Food:

We will be having Mission BBQ deliver to us at the auction and will be served from 11:30 am - 12:30 pm.
Choices of Meat available will be Pulled Pork and Chopped Brisket. There will also be sides and bread served.
Price is per person and is non-refundable.

Deadline to purchase is Thursday, February 16th.

Pre-purchase only - Lunch tickets will not be available the day of the event.

You can place your order at https://squareup.com/store/swfmas/.

Drinks (water & soda) $1 each

Schedule:
10:00 am - 11:00 am: Setup - Doors Open to BOD and Volunteers only

11:00 am - 11:30 am : Coral Registration - Doors Open to Sellers for item registration and Volunteers only

11:30 am - 12:00 pm: Doors open to public for Bidder Registration

11:30 am - 12:45 pm: Lunch

12:50 pm - 1:00 pm: Club announcements and auction rules (please be seated by this time)

1:00 pm - 3:00 pm: Live Auction

3:00 pm - 3:30 pm: Auction Break and Live RAFFLE (you must be present to win)

3:30 pm - Close: Live Auction

We are almost up to the maximum number of auction items of 350 and there are quite a number of 'donations' by a couple of people where all the sale price can go to the club.

Today is the final day to get photos of the corals you are going to auction. So lots of pics of coral frags at our website!

SWFMAS.com
You have to register to post, but not to look. You have to be a paid member to sell.

Just over a week away. And now that I've finished redoing my rockscape, I have lots of extra room for some frags and maybe an anemone or two!

Raffle will include a 29 gallon biocube with stand and hardware!

Also an led light fixture and an RO/DI system

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday... huge Frag Auction! Over 400 corals, anemones, sea stars and hermits get auctioned off.

I'll wager I come home with at least 8 bags!

Wish I could go the kids are sick though. Is there a group in the Sarasota area?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Too bad you couldn't make it. There was a good turnout and there were some great deals to be had, especially if you waited to bid on items later in the auction, I got several great deals right near the end with a few higher end frags for $5 to $8 each!

Unfortunately Sarasota is right in the middle between the Tampa Bay club and the Southwest Florida club. They are both good organizations so being involved with either would be a good thing.

There is one great event near you. In November there is a HUGE BBQ and good frag auction held at Brian Green's home in Nokomis and a lot of members from both clubs attend. And besides all the regular monthly meetings we do, the June snorkel trip to the Keys and the October Reef Conference are both extra special. The Reef Conference has hardware vendors, coral vendors, 3 or 4 speakers, a Friday night Banquet with a sponsor/speaker and a HUGE raffle! The June snorkel trip is just plain fun from one end to the other. A trip out to a big reef (maybe to a wreck this year, some do a little scuba, we do some off the beach snorkeling and collecting (with appropriate licenses) and share some meals and side trips. I've been on 5 or 6 and have always had a great time. Besides, June is a great month to snorkel the Keys, warm water, sunny, little chance of afternoon thunderstorms and/or hurricanes.

Back