SwirlyWirley's 170G rimless cube build w/ fish room

Great build. I like it when i can see the whole house/fish room come together along with the tank. I will be following.

Quick update:

Just wanted to show the dark caramel bamboo flooring up against the brick. A part of me wants to paint the brick wall a medium gray

Vortech driver bracket

This looks like an epic build in progress. Great job so far. Looking forward to seeing the new tank.

thx for stopping in vitodog, we are probably a month out at this point. My 50g frag tank and pvc frag tank are in done status. Still manufacturing sump, ATO and tank.

Mr. Fedex man payed a visit today. I was unprepared and didnt have a 1.5" to 1" reducer. I have to wait to plum the saltwater mixing station. I needed to order a few things from BRS anyways so we shall wait.

If anyone wants specs on this setup:
2x 65g Norwesco verticle storage tanks
BRS RODI
John Guest fittings and bulkheads (PUSH)
MAG 9.5 pump
SCH 80 fittings (BRS)
red sch 40 (BRS)
2x vinyl 4x8 sheets
vinyl 1x4 for trim
square tube and fiberglass grating
1/4" coaxial clips

Is there a reason you used egg crate to set the storage tanks on and not something else? I'm thinking it's because of air circulation for any spillage but would think that mag drive pump will make a lot of vibration

Is there a reason you used egg crate to set the storage tanks on and not something else? I'm thinking it's because of air circulation for any spillage but would think that mag drive pump will make a lot of vibration

Air circ, in case I have a spill it will dry easily. I have horse stall mat that I have to cut a piece for under the MAG

Sorry for the delay, but been really busy with the office! Here's some updates:

My main frag tank 48x24x10 is finished

Office progress:

What type of gate valves are on your manifold? Great build btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well just a small update:
Cube was sold last night to a gentleman that lives in VA. The new tank, sump and PVC items are in production as we speak. Tank supplies should arrive to Advanced acrylics here any day.

Office update pictures will be uploaded tonight!!

Back