synthetic ceramic live rock

talofalava

In Memoriam
I think I just recently came across the live rock solution. Its a product called vidarock. Its a ceramic foam rock with awesome porosity and shapes made by a usa co called cerameco . Its affordable, functional and available. You should really check it out and help save natural reef.

I have read that you need to cure this stuff before placing it in your tank because it can lower your pH. That being said I do wish to get some of that stuff for the back of my tank.

funny how the two posters have <2 posts each and registered in Feb.

That said, I heard ceramic leaches PO4, dunno for sure though, good idea imo

n I have nothing to do with this company or the other poster I just googled the company and pasted the site for the guy that asked for the link

You can question the product or you can give them a call and they sent me a sample for me to check out for free. They told me they are new to the aquatic scene but have been in cereamics along time and have been testing the material for sometime. THeir ceramics never changed any of my tank levels. Guess if you have issues with a ceramic rock try it for yourself and see if it works

i like the real rock somehow knowing it was ceramic would take away from a natural reef tank alot of life is on and in real rock

I would look into aquaroche rocks that are sold by scott @ aquarium specialty, one of the sponsors here.

Best thing is natural live rock. You never know what toxins can be in those man-made rocks.

Back