T5 bulb help

firefighternick

I have a 4 bulb t5 fixture over a 12" deep tank. I didn't like the look of the stock bulbs so I swapped them all out for a ATI blue plus, a KZ Superblue, a KZ fiji, and a uvl super actinic. Question is, will all my spectrums be covered? I'm keeping a lot of sps and some LPS. Should I swap out either one of the ati blue plus or a kz superblue for a 10k? Thanks in advance. What's the order that the bulbs should be placed in from front to back to get the best coloring?

I have a 4 bulb t5 fixture over a 12" deep tank. I didn't like the look of the stock bulbs so I swapped them all out for a ATI blue plus, a KZ Superblue, a KZ fiji, and a uvl super actinic. Question is, will all my spectrums be covered? I'm keeping a lot of sps and some LPS. Should I swap out either one of the ati blue plus or a kz superblue for a 10k? Thanks in advance. What's the order that the bulbs should be placed in from front to back to get the best coloring?

No, don't touch the Superblue or Blue Plus. Those are your PAR bulbs. Get rid of the Super Actinic. That provides very little PAR and you already have the actinic spectrum covered with the Superblue and Blue Plus.

Replace the Actinic with either an ATI Aquablue or my choice, a KZ New Generation. Another Blue Plus will work as well.

The ATI Blue Plus is the highest PAR bulb out there. The KZ Superblue is probably right there with it. So using them is a great choice for your SPS.

No, don't touch the Superblue or Blue Plus. Those are your PAR bulbs. Get rid of the Super Actinic. That provides very little PAR and you already have the actinic spectrum covered with the Superblue and Blue Plus.

Replace the Actinic with either an ATI Aquablue or my choice, a KZ New Generation. Another Blue Plus will work as well.

The ATI Blue Plus is the highest PAR bulb out there. The KZ Superblue is probably right there with it. So using them is a great choice for your SPS.

So what im hearing is all ati blueplus and the kz fiji? No daytime lamps?

Fiji purple's are high par bulbs and like the poster above said, they are your daytime bulbs. I run 2 fp's and 2 sb's with some led's. It's awesome.

Back