T5 Question?????

isistius

DOES ANYONE HERE KNOW OF A COMPANY THAT MAKES 30" T5?

I MIGHT BE IN THE MARKET FOR 1 FOR MY 54G CORNER. IT IS A VERY DIFFICULT TANK TO FIT A LIGHT. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

nope they are 24", 36", 48", and 60" lengths sorry. You could use the 24w 24" T5HO and stager them wouldn't look to bad and would cover good. BTW try not to type in all caps (it means your yelling some will take offense to it).

sorry about the caps. sometimes i forget to take off caps lock. duh!!

i guess i'll have to dim (do it myself) in order to stagger them. but that means i have to build a canopy first. dang it!!

yeah DIY or DIM will be your only option here for 30" For a corner tank that rounded front will be hard to build around with out any experience. You could go to a cabinet shop and see if they will build one for you unfinished then you can stain it or paint it. Or the other option is to get a MH/T5 pendant and hang it froma shelf above the tank or from the cieling. hth

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9259674#post9259674 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fdnyhm1
Looking for 60" T5 HO retro kits. Anyone know of any mail order companies that have them?
Reefgeek.com. That is where I ordered my 60in Ice Cap T5 retro. It does come with reflectors but they are not the Ice Cap reflectors. So I ordered the reflectors directly from Ice Cap.

i built the stand for my 135, and i've done alot of other wood work. i don't think it'll be too difficult building it, just a pain in the a**. haha. as far as hanging it goes - no way!!!!!! my house is 81 years old. actually, i'm surprised that is hasn't fallen down yet. just kidding. hanging it would be too risky, unless i braced it in the attic. i've been up there a few times, and can barely move.

damn. that doesn't leave me too many options does it??

Back