Taking a break from the hobby for now !!!SALE!!!

also if the rw8's fall through I will take them if there nobody else in line.

Last edited:
I forgot to list the RODI. $70.00

I have a 5 stage RODI filter. This is not your run of the mill system. It comes with the following.

2 stage tds meter
Oil filled pressure gauge
DI bypass valve (this greatly extends the life of your DI resin)
Brand new filters and 100GPD membrane.

Thank you to all that stopped by today and purchased corals, fish and/or gear. I'm really happy to see that thing went to good homes. It was nice meeting you all.

Best wishes on your future in the hobby.

I only have a couple more things that need to be picked up and hopefully we can schedule those soon. Take care guys.

Is anyone in Largo/clearwater/seminole/st pete going to go pick anything up? I'm really avoiding the drive as much as possible.

I can come pickup the sump and filter socks whenever they are ready

Sorry reeflover21, the guy that was first in line for the tank, actually wanted the whole tank setup including the sump and reservoir. The only things left now for pick up is the skimmer, which is pending and one return pump also pending. If either of those fall through, I will post here.

Is anyone in Largo/clearwater/seminole/st pete going to go pick anything up? I'm really avoiding the drive as much as possible.

Hey Mike, I work in Riverview. I don't know if that is any closer to where you are, but I could also bring those to work with me if that helps. I'm not planning on heading that way any time soon. Otherwise, I would offer to meet you near there.

Sorry reeflover21, the guy that was first in line for the tank, actually wanted the whole tank setup including the sump and reservoir. The only things left now for pick up is the skimmer, which is pending and one return pump also pending. If either of those fall through, I will post here.

Wow, OK

do you happen to have pics of the way you have your Jebao RW-8 setup in tank?
Working on figuring out my flow in a drilled 40g breeder

thanks
betty

Sorry Betty. I don't think I do, but I can tell you from personal experience that two RW4 pumps would be better for this size tank. I always found that these pumps were too strong for my tank.

I hope this helps.

the lfs store here had recommended 2 pp4's...
they said the pp4 is the same as the rw4 just the updated version of the rw4.
Dont know how true this is.
Did you have yours mounted on the sides of tank and in the middle?
facing ea other? I have a reef synergy ghost overflow the 16" wide one with 2- 3/4in returns on each side of overflow.
Lfs also said that a single mp10 from echotech would work also. But everything this lfs says is questionable.
thanks for replying back...

Betty

the lfs store here had recommended 2 pp4's...
they said the pp4 is the same as the rw4 just the updated version of the rw4.
Dont know how true this is.
Did you have yours mounted on the sides of tank and in the middle?
facing ea other? I have a reef synergy ghost overflow the 16" wide one with 2- 3/4in returns on each side of overflow.
Lfs also said that a single mp10 from echotech would work also. But everything this lfs says is questionable.
thanks for replying back...

Betty

Yes. PP4 is the updated version of the RW4 and they should work just as well. I have my two RW8s on the sides of the tank, but the one on the left was closer to the front and the one on the right was closer to the back. This created a nice circular pattern.

Please note that your specific location will greatly depend on your corals, rock work and things of that nature. I would say get a couple of PP4s or RW4s and play with different settings and locations.

There is not right or wrong way that applies to every single tank. Just recommendations based on each specific tank, rock work and corals.

For example, if you want to grow SPS corals and you are planning on going bare bottom, you should get the RW8s and blast the heck out of your tank.

On the opposite side of that coin, if you are going with LPS corals and/or have a deep sand bed, I would go with the PP4s and turn them down to treat your LPS corals to the flow they need and avoid a sand storm.

Back