Tank Drilling

JDrex

Does anyone know where you can get a tank drilled and how much it is? I have a 72 gallon bow front and would like to start keeping coral. The bottom glass is tempered so I think i would have to drill the back, does anyone have any opinions about this that they can throw my way. Thanks!

I second PCP, Dave did it, happy with the result, I think it was $20 for the hole,and another $10 for the bulkhead?

did he do the plumbing for you too? i saw him wiorking on a few tanks plumbing wise too... speaking of plumbing.... sigh... i have to redo mine.. its crapola

he kinda helped i mean showed me one of his systems. I wish he would hve told me about a check valve before I found out what one was the hard way (huuuge mess). But it was a little difficult to follow one of his because my sump/fuge will not fit under the tank right now. But even though im pretty new with this whole concept I think I did a fairly decent job, im just having a few troubles with micro bubbles now. I guess i can always just raise the water level in my sump to eliminate those.

I will get micro bubbles now and then, but it isnt that bad. i have a check valve i am planning on putting in my tank soon. i just need to stop being so lazy, and redo all the plumbing. i am gonna plumb a closed loop with an OM squirt pumped by a mag 9.5 sooner or later too... not trying to hijakc your thread, but if anyone has done this before, lemme know, I'd appreciate the help.

Back