tank emptied on floor, need a 4'x'2 tank asap

tmantaylor18

Hey guys, just got home to a huge mess. Does anyone have a have a tank with a footprint of either 5'x2' or 4'x2' they want to get rid of? The tank it would be replacing is a standard 120 but my stand will fit up to 5 feet long.

Has anyone been to Neptunes and seen a tank this size? Im pretty sure he normally has them in but that's not a fun option at the moment with a lot of other expenses right now.

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear! Another thing to consider is calling feed stores and picking up a Rubbermaid Stock Tank. Or worst case scenario, just a big Brute garbage can can keep things alive until you get something set up.

If any store in the Bay Area would have a tank you're looking for it would be Neptunes.

Wow! So what happen? Of course when u have time to post.
Good luck

I bought a crystal dynamics a few years ago and didn't realize that there was an air bubble in the top seal where the euro brace connects. I filled it up and got everything in and realized this problem a few days after. I should have taken that as a sign of bad things to come.

Came home after being out for a few hours and the house was smokey. I knew immediately that it had to be the tank. The tank was half empty and I couldn't figure out why. The seam on the back of the tank gave way though.

I got everything into spare tanks and a brute trashcan that night. Unfortunately something happened over last night and all of the corals and fish in the trash can were dead. I lost thousands of dollars worth of corals but still have some that were in the other backup tank. Absolutely brutal.

That sucks Taylor. Just was thinking tonight. Crystal dynamics has really messed up a lot of people in this hobby. I was happy and doing great in the hobby until my Crystal Dynamics have out.

I'm not just some crazy guy that rants about the cheep quality of these low priced tanks. To every with a Crystal Dynamics. Be very Aware!!! Pretty much why I'm leaving the hobbie.

Thanks Trent and Zoya!!! The yelp reviews are real. Used to be a lot more bad ones. Somehow they're removed.

I know your pain. Lost at least 200k. Cause of a failed Crystal Dynamics.

That sucks Taylor. Just was thinking tonight. Crystal dynamics has really messed up a lot of people in this hobby. I was happy and doing great in the hobby until my Crystal Dynamics have out.

I'm not just some crazy guy that rants about the cheep quality of these low priced tanks. To every with a Crystal Dynamics. Be very Aware!!! Pretty much why I'm leaving the hobbie.

Thanks Trent and Zoya!!! The yelp reviews are real. Used to be a lot more bad ones. Somehow they're removed.

I know your pain. Lost at least 200k. Cause of a failed Crystal Dynamics.

Damn dude, when did yours fail? You lost all of that awesome coral because of it?It should be illegal to have bad reviews deleted specially if they are the cause of a really dangerous situation like having hundreds of gallons of water on your floor.

I lost a bunch of fish I've had for years along with some huge colonies of rare sps. I had no idea Crystal Dynamics had such poor craftsmanship and that other people were having seams bust.

This is shitty timing as I just started a new ecommerce business that Im running out of the house. I don't have the time or money to be dealing with this either so Im going to run the tank pretty bare for the time being. I have a couple fish and one rock with corals left. If I had the money I'd come grab up that Tonga branch .

Here's part of the destruction. :mad:

YDL4vvu.jpg

Vv5Dg89.jpg

2DY6lwP.jpg

Damn, sorry to see this. How big is your tank? How old is it?

Makes me a bit nervous now since I'm in the process of plumbing my new 90g CDA tank.

I know multiple people that had their CD aquarium fail. Basically I was all dialed in on the CD tank. I literally took a month off and just sat with the tank to figure out what exactly it needed. And it thrived. Radio active style. The reef savy was supposed to be my frag tank. It's really just been down hill since that happened. I honestly had a bad feeling about the tank almost my entire ownership. Close the when the tank failed had a dream that I woke up and went to the tank. Everything was dead cause lights fell in. I was tripping hard after that and torn because it was thriving like crazy.

Also was thinking about they worked for miracle I think. Than did some kinda hostile take over to start their own and put miracle out. Not real positive on this story. But it's somewhat of what I've heard. Bunch of snakes over their.

I'm in no rush to sell the branch. I know a lot of people just see the 2500 and move on. I suspect it will sit a while. I'm sure you know what it is. Might just find the space to save it.

Give it your all and do the right thing. Your business will thrive.

Damn, sorry to see this. How big is your tank? How old is it?

Makes me a bit nervous now since I'm in the process of plumbing my new 90g CDA tank.

3-4 years old 120 gallon. If I were you I would remove some of the black background on the backside to make sure that the seals don't have big air bubbles in it.

I know multiple people that had their CD aquarium fail. Basically I was all dialed in on the CD tank. I literally took a month off and just sat with the tank to figure out what exactly it needed. And it thrived. Radio active style. The reef savy was supposed to be my frag tank. It's really just been down hill since that happened. I honestly had a bad feeling about the tank almost my entire ownership. Close the when the tank failed had a dream that I woke up and went to the tank. Everything was dead cause lights fell in. I was tripping hard after that and torn because it was thriving like crazy.

Also was thinking about they worked for miracle I think. Than did some kinda hostile take over to start their own and put miracle out. Not real positive on this story. But it's somewhat of what I've heard. Bunch of snakes over their.

I'm in no rush to sell the branch. I know a lot of people just see the 2500 and move on. I suspect it will sit a while. I'm sure you know what it is. Might just find the space to save it.

Give it your all and do the right thing. Your business will thrive.

Yeah that rock is worth the price, specially for sps keepers. I hope you can pull through and either stay in the hobby or come back when you're ready.

Thanks for the words of advice, I think I have that mindset so far. Putting a lot of extra time into interacting with my customers and making sure they are happy.

I'll be back. My addictive personality keeps me staring at a tank instead of spending time with my three boys. For now they need me.

I'll be back. My addictive personality keeps me staring at a tank instead of spending time with my three boys. For now they need me.

Oh, sh*t, it's about my 2nd year into the hobby, and I already feel I'm in the same boat you were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think this is about the 5th CDA fail in the Bay Area that I'm aware of. The rumor I heard was that CDA was started by the builders from Leemar when they stopped making custom tanks. But I don't recall hearing of any issues with Leemar tanks.

This is getting worse than the Marineland DD tanks. Even if the warranty is still good, they just replace the tank itself and you then have to consider if you trust the replacement. I know of at least one person who just sold the brand new replacement as soon as they received it.

Yeah, I think this is about the 5th CDA fail in the Bay Area that I'm aware of. The rumor I heard was that CDA was started by the builders from Leemar when they stopped making custom tanks. But I don't recall hearing of any issues with Leemar tanks.

This is getting worse than the Marineland DD tanks. Even if the warranty is still good, they just replace the tank itself and you then have to consider if you trust the replacement. I know of at least one person who just sold the brand new replacement as soon as they received it.

I might have to look into getting mine replaced to fund this mess I have on my hands. Im assuming the store I bought it from probably isn't who I need to talk to.

Might try and start with the store . . . give you a bit more leverage if they will support your claim for warranty. Also, hopefully make them consider doing more business with them if they won't make things right.
good luck.

Back