tank is hot

Most of the ro/di units can be hooked up under the kitchen sink w/o any hard plumbing involved. They come with or you can get an adapter that goes on the source line. You can even attach a needle piercing connector if for some reason you can't get to the lines easy.

Go check out ebay and item #7751016390 we're not sup. to post direct links to eBAy or I would. It's about the same unit I have but the item number I posted has 2 DI units on it. I've been very happy with mine and it gives me 1-2 RO TDS and 0-1 on the ro/di tds. 1 filling of the 180 tank will more than pay for the unit if you buy it at $1 per gallon!

Over the last month to be honest, quit checking. Just look at the tank.see red slime coming back, nits are up. phosphate too. Saturday, Change water, change carbon, tues Change water, thursday, Add Red Slime remover, Sunday change water, change carbon, Almost to the point of throwing up the white flag. But alot of my advice came from you know who. (I wonder if he will bring me back a T-Shirt from his next vacation, That is the least he could do) But I love my tank, It was once beautiful, and I want to try to save it.

Here's the one I have (I also have a DI unit from The Filter Guys) You can order it one day and you'll have it the next with ground shipping.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merc...roduct_Code=PR-RO50&Category_Code=Premiumreef

It comes with a faucet adapter so you just screw it onto the faucet when you want to use it. You can also get faucet adapters from the filter guys that have a bypass so you don't have to constantly screw and unscrew.

Last edited:
Found it, Get it Friday, and try to figure out how to put it in when I get it, I can do this, If I can rise kids,, I can put this baby in.

That's where the item number I pointed her was from Jack.

Phosphates are either coming from the food or the water. Phosban will absorb it but depending on how long it's been on the rock/sand it may take awhile as when the water column is depleated it will still leach from the rock for awhile. And on the bigger tank set up for cheato growing as well. That and producing some form of skimmate! :D

Don't give up it just needs some tweaking. If you buy anything to fix it just make sure it won't need replaced as you migrate to the big tank.

If you have a sump, I have a skimmer you can borrow. I don't use it anymore and it will produce skimmate.

No sump yet, would like to get spare 75gal drilled or overflows on it so I can do a sump set up. I even have spare 29's and I think even 15gal and Wal-Mart (Yuk) and Rural King in town I could get RUBBER MAID if I need. I would like to do a good size sump and a nice little fuge. I used to run 4 of the pouches of phos X in the back of the emperors but I was told that I couldn't use that on salt water. I did it for a year with no problems, Took them out about a year ago. (Humm.) Oh Yeah, I was running 2 emperor 400's and the Rena until 2 weeks ago. I started another tank of live rock, so I needed to borrow a filter off the 75 gal, That is why it only has one on it now. Plus the Rena.

I run phosban in my Rena and it works very well...the little packets are not big enough to make much of an impact. Poly bag a few spoonfuls of phosban or Pura and it will help bring the phosphate down sooner. Have you tested for phosphate?

I will do that later today. As stated earlier, Kind of got discouaged over the last month, I knew the numbers would not be good. Never are lately. Plus feeling like "Who needs a test, look at this tank, There the answer" But I will get back on the ball, and test when I get up. past bed time now, for me it is about 4 in the morning. work midnight. only get to sleep while kids are in school. Good night. Thanks again. I will do the test and post the results. Maybe we can figure something out.

depending on where your corals are typically found if they are not in the top 5 ft of water you don't need you temp at 82 degrees as it rarely is in the wild below that. - Someone probably said this but I got tired of reading ;)

Bacteria for your tanks also optimally grows at 82ish.

That should be considered too.

There are more reasons to keep it at 82 than not to.

Sorry, slept in a little. Checked temp when I got up. 74.6. Could that little pump from the skimmer put out that much heat? If it is then something must be defective, Iwill do the test in a little bit

Just finished test, did them twice because did not make sense.
PH 7.8
Nitrate 20
Nitrite 0
Amonia .25
Calcium over 450. It took two of the 1ml syringe to change
water, did test twice. I havent added any
thing in over 2 months
phosphate .2

temp is 76.3. That is with the emperor, rena and coral life pc
260 on . I still didn't turn on the power heads or
skimmer.

turn on one power head and see what the temp does and than the next and then the next

suggest giving each one at least 24-36 hours before you turn the next one on

never used those pumps
how many watts do they use?

good to know about the bacteria!!! If it helps kill all the fish poo in my tank then I'm happy.

Back