Tank leveling, and mine is not in level.

Brynjar

Hey guys

A coupple of pics below

I come from a slight different branch of the hobby, im freshwater and turtles, im also from Denmark, and if i post this on my regular forum - people wonuld'nt have a clue, the hobby is made up of very, very few long term stayers and alot of young experts, that misth be a thing here too though i dont know ;)

To make a long story short, i registered cause i have a 220 gallon tank. Its been running for 6 months now, but it is not 100% level.

I googled the problem and came across this great forum http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2215909

I've had many tanks in the past, plenty of leaks, both from tearing, wrong cili and screwups, i've had used tanks and custom builds. What i want to say with that, i feel like i've gotten the grasps of how they should and should not look.
This tank feels so solid however, compared to any other thing ive had my hands on its 1cm glass all 4 sides (0.393700787 inches) and double that in the bottom. The silicone all looked nice and it held water when i tested emty first time.

I cannot for the life if me remember weather it rested on a rubber mat before the wood plate.

Now would you guys be worried? Cause i am, but i kinda feel like it migth be for nothing.

Do you need any more info on it?

A coupple of pics below

Any input are bery welcome, since im on deep-reef-water kinda ok sorry

82634354_2696791053737464_247951133467738112_n.jpg

83109533_203689344151189_8068784948225507328_n.jpg

To me yea it's not level looking at it but not off that much. However, it is better if tank is leveled you can use schims under stand where it meets the floor on one side to make it level.

Okay, just looked schims up, that is so much easyer than i had imagined this- emtying tank, figthing turtle, redo floor??. Hah thanks man. :)

That's enough to be visible, and would bug me. I'd suggest draining as much as you can into buckets/trashcans/etc and leveling it out. The easiest way to measure for level it to use the waterline itself. Measure from the top of the stand to the actual water level at all 4 corners and add shims underneath the stand as needed. Generally speaking, more shims spaced closely together is best, to spread out the pressure as much as possible. Once you get it as close as possible to level, return the water to the tank, sit back, grab the adult beverage of your choice, and admire your newly level tank!

The closer to level you can get it the less stress on the seams of the tank.

Its visible but not a danger, i however had a scary exp. with mine, after it was setup about oh a yr. i noticed a sag of the stand in the middle with only the sides of my tank supporting everything...YIKES! I cut shim blocks of 2X4 & raised the middle back up till it touched the tank bottom. Luckly my tank had corners on it i have no idea if the glass alone would have supported that or not with a glass only tank. My stand isn't solid all around its on 4 legs so i learned a lesson. Be sure to add additional shims at the center front & backside also as well as at the low end to support all around.

Easy fix is shim it. Permanent fix is move the tank, rip up the the wood flooring use self leveler. I wouldn’t opt for the latter if I were you

Hello..I am setting up a new 75gl tank and after putting a level on it, the tank is about 1/4" off on one side. What is the best way to level a tank..shims...or other suggestion?
'
Thanks in advance...

Back