Tank of the Month - August 2004

First time posting, hope I'm doing this right. Beautiful system!!! Can anyone tell me what the green "ball" shaped "things" are in the picture, it's the picture just above and to the left of the list of fish. Thank You

mudder said:
Can anyone tell me what the green "ball" shaped "things" are in the picture, it's the picture just above and to the left of the list of fish. Thank You
It looks to be Caulerpa, a macroalgae.

your reef tank is stunning, back home in england i'am trying an all soft coral reef, hope it could look like yours. (stunning)

steve

steshell & The Claw
welcome.gif

To Reef Central

you find loads of great info here!

Archie,

That is the most AWESOME tank I have ever seen!
Could you take a picture of your lighting setup and post it?
I am working on a lighting setup for my 58 Gal.

I am freaking out on your pics!
SUPER,SUPER,SUPER Tank !!!!!!!!!

WOW Lighting Requirement Affordable

WOW Lighting Requirement Affordable

As a newbie, I have been searching everywhere for info to determine the lighting requirements for my 75g. I am so impressed with your tank. It's just awesome.

You inspire me. That's what I want. Have any extra frags?

I visited the Tank of the Month site and printed out your requirements. I will follow them as a guide.

I am two months into this hobby. I had a FO tank for over five years.

Just at a loss for words to describe your tank. Keep inspiring the rest of the newbies.

Ill repeat what everyone else here has said. ABSO-FREAGIN-LUTELY STUNNING!!!

Someday I'll have a tank like that, someday....

Archie, my name is Fernando Chang and I live in Panama (Republic of Panama). Your aquarium is absolutely beautiful !!!
I need yr help how to feed the soft corals such as the Colt, Kenya tree, mushrooms, etc.. There is a lack of product in Panama. I only can obtain some Kent products in town such as the phytoplankton liquid and Chromoplex liquid. and I wonder if these products are okay to feed the soft corals.
I thank you in advance yr attention and prompt reply.

Regards
Fernando Chang
Panama

Absolutely beautiful! I am a softie fan myself! Are you going to share your source for such beautiful ricordias? Understand if it's a secret. You can PM me if it would help ;)

Parasite on blenny?

Parasite on blenny?

Archie's picture of his blenny seems to show something in the blennie's mouth. It lacks pigmentation and could possibly be a parasite.

Re: Parasite on blenny?

Re: Parasite on blenny?

toadjoe said:
Archie's picture of his blenny seems to show something in the blennie's mouth. It lacks pigmentation and could possibly be a parasite.
... or some food!!! :)

unbeeeelievable!

unbeeeelievable!

Archie.....like all the rest I am totally amazed!
The colour...the quality of the corals...the colour
the whole set up is totally breathtaking!
Hats completely off....you are a pro!

Tim

:eek1:

oh my gosh..my eyes...my eyes.....
now i can't look at my own tank

how did you get such vivid colors with pc lights? i try to take them in my tank and the pics always come out sort of 'blah' and i've been wondering if i should get mh lights for this reason but your tank is telling me something else!!

Hi Archie,

I'm from the Toronto area as well. I would love to make some arrangements to come by and take a look at this beauty live. Please feel free to e mail me at cagostini@optrust.com if you are willing to have me come by.

thanks
Carlo

Back