Tank of the Month - August 2007

Very nice looking tank indeed. Talk about coral garage sale.... couple bucks a frag huh Hoang? I am pretty close to Houston, just about 10 hour drive from Toronto no sweat...

By the way, just wanna say hi to Thằng Bòm. Có cái quạt mo không?

Thinh

Congrats Quoc!! I'be been trying to get by your place to see the tank forever. I'll have to give you a call in the next few days.

TroyPham

This is an awesome tank.....and to think it is limited by heat issues durring the summer. I would love to see what it would look like if you did not have to deal with the heat.

Amazing! Your tank looks great! I am having heat problem living in Montreal, Canada... can't imagine how hot it is where you are!

You have great friends surrounding you! :)

Amazing! Your tank looks great! I am having heat problem living in Montreal, Canada... can't imagine how hot it is where you are!

You have great friends surrounding you! :)

Congratulations! That baby is awesome! WELL deserved indeed.

Just don't let Algore see the article or he'll be calling you tomorrow about your carbon foot print. Wait, forget that, you're leaving a carbon snow angel!! :lol: If everybody decided to have a reef tank like yours, we would need 200 Earths. Who do you think you are anyway? lol

I had to give you some grief on the power consumption. I'm sure there are much worse though. I was just amazed at how much your utility bills run. I imagine the Houston summers are brutal though. It's unbearably hot up here in NW IL today.

Just curious, have you considered running AC out to the garage?

I can't get over how awesome that room looks with the tank there. I love the ships on the wall, the paint color, everything. Very inspirational. The tank is just extraordinary. The lighting is crazy nice. Love the huge monti cap. That's so great that you were able to grow it from a 1.5" frag.
After admiring the pictures the last few days I think I'm going to go back and finally read the full article now. Great work!

Once again amazing tank!!! I can't stop reading about it!!! haha!

Sorry for another husbandry question, but I always like to hear case reports about fish husbandry.

How many lyretails did you start with and was it in the mostly female/1 male ratio? How long did that ratio last?

Thanks! Back to reading one of your older tank threads!!

Phu

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10495768#post10495768 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by vessxpress1
Congratulations! That baby is awesome! WELL deserved indeed.

Just don't let Algore see the article or he'll be calling you tomorrow about your carbon foot print. Wait, forget that, you're leaving a carbon snow angel!! :lol: If everybody decided to have a reef tank like yours, we would need 200 Earths. Who do you think you are anyway? lol

I had to give you some grief on the power consumption. I'm sure there are much worse though. I was just amazed at how much your utility bills run. I imagine the Houston summers are brutal though. It's unbearably hot up here in NW IL today.

Just curious, have you considered running AC out to the garage?

I can't get over how awesome that room looks with the tank there. I love the ships on the wall, the paint color, everything. Very inspirational. The tank is just extraordinary. The lighting is crazy nice. Love the huge monti cap. That's so great that you were able to grow it from a 1.5" frag.
After admiring the pictures the last few days I think I'm going to go back and finally read the full article now. Great work!
you're funny about the Algore thing.. and yeah he will be upset with me if he see I fire about 1500W of lighting on a little reef tank:eek1:

and sorry for the very long article... Once I started writing it, I couldn't stop:eek: And yet, the original draft was almost twice as long as the final version... and I was tired of it myself so I decided to cut it back to half :D :lol:

Back