Tank of the month- August

saf

where do you get your ESV's Spray Dried Marine Phyto Plankton or Cyclop-Eez? Online or from a LFS?

thanks,

Hello, both can be aquired online. You can go to www.esvco.com for the Phyto or call the number on the web page. Ask to speak with Richard Stark, tell him I sent you. This guys is a wealth of knowledge. My shrooms expand like crazy when I feed them this stuff.

If you buy the Cyclop eez, make sure you get the frozen kind. Better nutrientionaly. It will do wonders for your pink, red and orange pigmented colors.

Take care.

Mucho Reef, Your reef tank has to be one of the most stunning reef tanks I have ever seen!! Absolutely Awesome, and inspiring. I am just starting to add corals to my reef tank, and I will be happy if my tank has just half the color that your tank has. Great Job!! :)

That is one of the most beautiful tanks I have ever seen!! I'm a zoo and mushroom fan myself. Congratulations on your accomplishment!;)

Tammy

August Tank of the Month

August Tank of the Month

Your tank is a riot of gorgeous colors !

The photography is spectacular - congratulations !

What brand of test kit do you use for testing the iodine level ?

TIA.

omg that light blue ricordia was the prettiest animal i think ive ever seen, wOw is all i can say.. do you have a post anywhere that tells your tank specs? what are you doing with your frags? Fantastic photgraphy too geez. Do you attribute the great color to the pc"s? How is the clam doing without MH? so many questions! Im in the process of setting up my reef now and ive been leaning towards MH, but if what you have can be acheived with PCs then im not sure now..You got the shine boy! you shore got the shine. glaurung66@yahoo.com if ya wanna chat:)

I'm curious what the bright neon green coral is down in the right corner. I didnt see any zoomed in pics of it. Thanks.

Mucho Reef-

Unbelievable! I aspire to have such a beautiful tank. Very, very nicely done.

BTW, you don't happen to live near Sacramento, CA? If so, I'd love to buy some of your trimmings <grin>.

Nicely done!

LOS

WOW!

WOW!

You have an amazing collection of zoos. I'd love to get my hands on some. Do you buy them locally or mail order? Ever sell any when you prune, or just trade locally? Anyway, you have a wonderful tank.

One of the most amazing tanks Ive ever seen!!!
How did you acquire so many different color zoanthids?? Just stumble across them??

Thnaks everyone for the kind words. I'll try to answer all of the questions together. First of all, this is really blowing me away. I'm trying so hard not to sound vain or anything.

I have a local guy who works at a bottling company to test the iodine for me. I really don't need to because I know the uptake of iodine in this take and I have been on the one drop a day for many many years now. Iodine overdosing is very serious and I just know this tanks limit.

The tank specs are in the actual post. I sell some frags from my prop tanks from time to time. I think the super blue actinics really help bring out the colors more. This tank needs more light though. This is why I'm going to upgrade with the new system. The squamosa clam does fine with PC's. It has grown so much in just one year. I used it to keep the phophates down. Wetwilly, I would still go with the MH if you can. PC's tend to wash out certain colors. Neon pink zoos will need a lot of PC lighting so I would say go with the MH if you are going to keep a lot of exotic zoos. No refugium/sump. The neon green thing is a stunningly neon bright brain I got at a local swap. It is the most electric lime I have ever seen. I have been collecting zoos for many many years. So many that I had to sell a lot of them which I regret doing. A lot of them I found as 2 or 3 polyps laying in a corner in a stores tank.

Thanks again everyone, I'll shut up now.

Mooch

That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life. Congratulations, you should be very proud. I can only hope that mine will look half that good one day!!!!
jamielee

Back