Tank of the Month - December '06

Hello, first I want to thank Reef Central for the hospitality and to Skipper for selecting my tank as Tank of the Month and for his trustiness, thanks Skipper......:) :)
I want thank all of you for your comments.:)
I believe that for create a beautiful and successful reef tank the main is the love for this hobby and not the crazy equipment...;)
Thank you very much.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8689596#post8689596 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mr.Furious
very nice.... so how old are some of your biggest corals?

4 years almost...:)

Beautiful!!! Great looking tank manos. Just goes to show ya, Less equipment, less to screw up. Also for skipper, thanks for doing that thing that you do!

Wow , great tank and nice to see somthing this beautiful, going against the grain. ( no sump and hob skimmer) I also have a large 125gal tank with just a remora pro and a canister filter. This tank gives me hope . Thanks!!!

Great mixture of corals!!! I really like the LPS/SPS mix, it looks more natural. Very encouraging to see a tank that's not as expesive, this sets an excellent example of how a tank can look as good as some of the other tanks, without spending as much.

I would like to congratulate him. A quiet awesome aquarium especially when you see it live.

Hopefully in the years to come we will admire a 250g aquarium where he will be able to show his true potential.

Again congrats my friend for a wondeful job.

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! [\b]
fest10.gif

Σ Υ Γ Χ Α Ρ Η Τ Η Ρ Ι Α ! [\b]

Most corals in Mano's tank have grown from 2-3 sq.inches size,as the majority off the corals at Greek market don't come in big sizes.....!!

You're truly keeping those beautiful acros colored up under 4x54W T5 + 2x40W NO fluorescents? I'm impressed :)! Beautiful tank BTW.

Magnificent job! Quite an impressive system, to say the least. Since you don't use a calcium reactor, might I suggest that you change your salt from Tropic Marin Pro to Tropic Marin? The "standard" version is higher in calcium and alkalinity than the "Pro" version, and this might allow you to add less TurboCalcium, and save some money at the same time. Of course you could simply ignore this suggestion, since your inhabitants are obviously thriving and, as we sometimes say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Again, you have a beautiful tank, and congratulations!

Bravo Mano ;)

An amazing tank showing that the hobby is finding its way in Greece !!

I believe that this tank is a great choise for Reefcentral as it shows what a responsible hobbyist can do without the use of high-teck equipment!!

Way to go....now....lets get ready for a bigger tank ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8718617#post8718617 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CedarReefer
Does anybody know what happened to TOTM 2005-09?
Me, Me!!! I do, I do!!

Katrina hit me pretty hard and the magazine could not go live because I had no power for 18 days. :D

Back