Tank of the month - January 2003

Beautiful Tank.

I really like the way you've gotten it where it is without making it look like the usual "wall of rock"!

Susan, Congrats!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Your tank (and you) set a fine example of why this hobby is wonderful in so many ways!

Later,
NC

I can't get any of the pictures on her site to load anymore... All it does it say, "Loading Photos..." but it never does anything.

All the photos used to work for me.

I have Internet Explorer and it's COX Communication.

Rock Anemone:(

Rock Anemone said:
I can't get any of the pictures on her site to load anymore... All it does it say, "Loading Photos..." but it never does anything.

All the photos used to work for me.

I have Internet Explorer and it's COX Communication.

Rock Anemone:(

Well, that really blows.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :D Btw, Susan there does seem to be a problem. The "Next" button doesn't seem to work on your photo pages (I tried 'photo archives' as well as the 'tank construction' sections).

Susan,

What a great choice for 'Tank of the Month'. It's so very well deserved :celeb1:

I regularly visit your web-site to find out the latest developments in your tank. I feel that I know your tank almost as well as I know my own now :D

Excellent job!!

Regards

Lisa

YES! Well Deserved!

YES! Well Deserved!

Kudos Girl! You have worked very hard to get where you are today!

Hey its been a while since I been to your sight, and you never cease to amaze me, even w/a splash of humor too LMAO the talking tubastrea are hilarious! One question though, I noticed your phyto station has really increased in size and you say that you are feeding your tank alot of it now, wouldnt you attribute your flatworm infestation to that? I realize you are probably on a catch 22 w/ high demands for the tubastrea though.

Thanks for all the congratulations. I've been through a lot with my tank and this really means a lot to me.

scubadude - yup, you hit the nail on the head. It took me a while to conclude that live plankton (phyto, rotifers, baby brine shrimp) feeds flatworms but it definitely does. I've very recently shut down my culturing temporarily until I solve the flatworm problem. I'm target feeding some corals golden pearls to keep them going in the meantime. So far, so good. I WILL get past this!

My web site is a bit of an experiment. It's built with Flash but uses cgi scripts to talk to a database so that I can update it easily by just uploading text files and photos. It seems to work for 99% of people but now and then I come across someone who can't get my little photo viewer app to work. I haven't been able to find a bug but it would really help if you can't use the next button to flip through the photos to let me know:
- MAC or PC
- Browser and version
- Operating system (windows 98, windows me, windows xp ...)
- Does the text change when you hit the next button
One person who had trouble reinstalled his flash player at www.macromedia.com and everything worked fine.

All the amazing flash works but the pictures and text.

I'm using Internet Exporer, XP and no, I can't see any of the text when I hit the next button etx. It does tell me the number of the photo that should be there.

I can see the talking coral and stuff just fine.

Rock Anemone:D

re:

re:

Nice Tank, but what are you going to do about the aptasia issue. I have nightmares about aptasia and hair

gregmoeck - My aiptasia is no longer an issue thanks to my copperband butterfly. Hair algae was taken care of by my long spined diadema urchin.

Rock Anemone - You are using the most popular browser/OS combination there is. Others with the same setup have no problem viewing the photos on my site. It's flash programming that calls the photos. Unless you're behind a really strict firewall that won't allow access to my cgi scripts I suspect something is screwy with your flash player. If you click on this link:
http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave...od_Version=ShockwaveFlash&P5_Language=English
and hit the INSTALL NOW button it will automatically install the newest version of the flash player.

Your system is fabulous Susan! I really like your sump room. It's given me some great ideas for when I relocate my tank to my basement. Keep up the GREAT work!!!

Paul.

Congrats Flame*Angel! Great looking reef.

So, you've had good luck with your urchin? It eats hair algae, what about coraline? Do you feed it (sea-weed selects for example) anything? Has it grown and has it bothered any corals?

Thanks

Mad Scientist - Thanks. No regrets about my diadema urchin at all. I got him when I was getting a fair amount of hair algae and he's kept my tank clear of it ever since. It took him a little while to get started but it went pretty quickly once he did. I haven't had to feed him yet but I keep Nori on a clip for the fish and a couple times I've noticed him at it. I think he just goes for it if there's nothing else to eat. He's active every night and, although he has knocked over a couple unattached corals, he hasn't caused any trouble. Once the new corals were attached there were no further problems. I've seen him clean algae off the side of a clams shell without bothering the clam even. He does eat coralline but not at a great enough rate, it seems he actually helps spread it around the tank really.

Congratulations on TOTM, well deserved and long over due. I really love the cabinet. Your website rocks.

Bob

Congratulations Susan! Your tank is beautiful.. The talking coral though at 6 am kinda blew my mind. Who does their voice overs?

Nancy

Thanks Nancy. I did the voices myself first but they all sounded the same. I got my 13 year old son to give it a try and we really had a lot of fun with it. His were much better than mine.

Flame*Angel

Flame*Angel

Congratulations, you have amazing looking reef tank:eek2: :eek1: :eek2: :eek1: :eek1: :eek2: :eek1: :eek2: :eek1: :eek2: :D

Back