Tank Of The Month - January 2009

Great tank, just starting up a 90gallon, you have set the bar pretty high for me but I am going to give it my best. Thanks for the inspiration!

does the cupper band nip the corals ? i am planing to get one to control aiptasia , i am having 100s of them .
very nice tank !

great looking tank. I have a 90 as well. i have the aqualight pro with 2 250's and 2 90 pc's... at times i think the light is too much. i onlykeep the ML on 6hours per day. how high off the water are your hqi"s... thanks

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14246591#post14246591 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ojafri
Hi Emmett...Great Tank, Congratulations !! quick question on feeding your corals, can you shed some light on what and when do you feed ?

Thanks, I just feed once a day with flake and mysis.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14247463#post14247463 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pendergraft
Great tank, just starting up a 90gallon, you have set the bar pretty high for me but I am going to give it my best. Thanks for the inspiration!

Thank you, I remember showing people my tank when there was only rock in it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14247691#post14247691 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ramirifi
does the cupper band nip the corals ? i am planing to get one to control aiptasia , i am having 100s of them .
very nice tank !

He does not touch the corals. I would only buy one that you see eating at the fish store.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14248111#post14248111 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by billrollo
great looking tank. I have a 90 as well. i have the aqualight pro with 2 250's and 2 90 pc's... at times i think the light is too much. i onlykeep the ML on 6hours per day. how high off the water are your hqi"s... thanks

They are about 9 inches. Thanks and good luck with your tank!

Wow, what you did with those monti's is....well, that is just crazy.

I can't believe that they grew like that.....in the main shot of the tank, I thought it was just some great looking chalice.....but man...I am floored...:eek: :eek1: :eek2:

I was going to ask if you had any more pictures of the tank when it was initially setup. I am assuming that the corals were glued to larger rocks when they were added and are not just sitting on LR rubble. Tank looks very nice, I can't believe everything close so close together!

Dear Emmet !

Congratulations from Panama , what a beautiful 90G tank !! very impressed.
Need to know abt the the light period of the chaetomorpha also what kind of lights ?
thanks !

Regards
Fernando Chang

Dan,

<b>Please use the <a href="http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=140">Selling Forums</a> and <a href="http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=89">Trading Forums</a> which are designed for the purpose of buying or selling drygoods and livestock. We ask that you please refrain from further requests or offers of these kinds in this forum which is for the purpose of discussions. If you take your requests/offers to PM know that RC does not tolerate spam in any form.</b>

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14252386#post14252386 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Brandan
I was going to ask if you had any more pictures of the tank when it was initially setup. I am assuming that the corals were glued to larger rocks when they were added and are not just sitting on LR rubble. Tank looks very nice, I can't believe everything close so close together!

Wow, you can tell I didn't proof read this! I was going to ask if you had pictures from the tank's initial setup also. Also, I meant to say "I can't believe everything grows so close together without harming each other.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14252061#post14252061 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Eagleeyez5
Wow, what you did with those monti's is....well, that is just crazy.

I can't believe that they grew like that.....in the main shot of the tank, I thought it was just some great looking chalice.....but man...I am floored...:eek: :eek1: :eek2:

Thanks rainbowbow and eagleez5!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14252386#post14252386 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Brandan

There is a picture of tank at the one year mark somewhere in this thread. Thats the only pic a have of the tank from back then.

I just glued the frag to the large pieces of live rock mostly but there are some smaller ones that I placed in there.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14255303#post14255303 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fernando Chang
Dear Emmet !

Congratulations from Panama , what a beautiful 90G tank !! very impressed.
Need to know abt the the light period of the chaetomorpha also what kind of lights ?
thanks !

Regards
Fernando Chang

Thanks, the cheato gets about 6 hours of MH and about 14 I think of the small CF.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14263250#post14263250 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by APynckel
Please post a picture of your abrolhosensis.

Don't have a picture of it, I had a large colony but sold it and kept a frag so its still small.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14263797#post14263797 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by greg2471
Great Tank, Congratulations !!

Thanks! TOTM it a great honor and I don't take it lightly, I'm thankful.

Back