Tank Of The Month - January 2009

2x250 watt light

2x250 watt light

Congratulations, Emster!

What a great looking tank. I have a question for you? I'm setting up a 90 gallon drilled tank as well and want to get one of the two lights below:

Hamilton Technology Belize Sun 48 inch MH & T5 Fixtures, 2X150W HQI Metal Halide Bulb & 2X54W T5 HO

Hamilton Technology 48 inch MH & T5 Fixtures, 2 Mogul Base Metal Halide Bulbs & 2X54W T5 HO

After speaking with couple of people they telling me not to get 2x250watt
to go with 2x150 watt I really don't want to go with 2x150 watt specially after i seen what you created with 2x250 watt, If i get one of the lights i mentioned above do you thing i will be OK i defiantly don't want to bleach my corals?
Please let me know. Thank you so much.

Thank you so much I'm really glad you like it. I would go with the 250watt version, your bulb choices are much greater and if you ever go to sell it would sell much faster then the 150watt version.

I really like your 90g tank. I have a tall 120 (48x18x30) I'm setting up. I am very inspired by your tank and the amazing beauty of it. Would it be okay if I reference it on my build? Thank you so much for sharing it.

Compared to your tank, do you think being 6" deeper will have a very large impact on the amount of sps I can grow?

Hello Emmett, I bought a few frags off of you last year when you were in the process of standing up your new display tank. How has that project been going? Do you have your new tank stocked up now with pictures to share? Would love to see your new setup and buy some more corals too.

Looking forward to seeing it. By chance are you going to post it in the Tampa Bay Reef Club Forum area? I'm there daily and will be sure to see it that way. Otherwise, just send me a link.

Thanks!

Back