Tank of the Month - May 2005

I just wanted to bump this thread and see if we could beg for some updated pics of this tank. It's one of my all time favorite TOTM's. So how about it Anemone? Any new pics or updates?

Thanks
Angela

Thanks Kevin, I have been looking for someone with an old SeaClear ll, 65 gallon, like I bought from Craigslist three months ago. I see that you glued acrylic at the bottom of the areas 4&5 (closing the opening between final bio-ball area and pump area); I wondered how you kept the sand from being sucked out under that area. We are thinking along the same track, but I have only been at it for three months so far. I have a few questions:
1.) If I turn area 3&4 into a refugium by putting sand in area 3 and coarse gravel or small live rock rubble in area 4, then do you think that I could avoid gluing acrylic over the opening between 4&5, perhaps preventing air from being sucked into the pump area when the water level dropped?
2.) There is a small area (area 2), about 20 inches deep, two inches wide and 12 inches long. What is the most logical use for that small space?
3.) I am currently using two small fans under the hood to reduce the temp. when I run my four 40 watt each florescents and the 50+ watt actinic. If I increase the ballast and replace the 48" flourescents with VHO, is there such an increase in temperature that I will require increased cooling methods such as a "chiller"? (expensive) - Gr8Mikey
.|..|..|.............................|
.|..|..|.............................|
.|..|..|..........|.........|.......|
.|1|2.|..3 .....|..4 . ...|..5 ..|
.|..|..|BioBalls|BioBalls|Pump|
........|.............................| Kevin's SeaClear ll diagram.

OK, I think I was able to understand why the acrylic piece was glued at the bottom of area 4 (Shown as "E"), which leads into area 5 (Shown as "F"). If not, then the water level is too low for a refugium. I made what I believe is the correct flow diagram of the old 1994-1995, seaclear ll that I have and showing the water levels, makes it clear that the flow has to be altered. I have attached a picture that I developed to show the flow of water and water levels that I believe is correct.
SeaClearIIDiagramv2.jpg

Back