Tank of the Month - May 2008

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12504588#post12504588 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sid700
I love how the system was designed. I was wondering how you can have equilibruim pumping from the sump to the refugium. But the 3-D images explains it all. Thank you for sharing.

The best tank ever.

sid700. Thank you.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12504749#post12504749 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nem0
Sawadee Krub Khun Chingchai,

Sabai dee mai krub? Not only are your sps stunning, but also your fishes are so vibrant with color. e.g. your anthias, etc.

How do you make the color so striking? Do you attribute your success to the weekly water change of 15%? what do you think is the biggest secret of success for you?

Krop khun krub.

Sawasdee Krub,

Long time no see.
What can I say for the secret, I don't think I have it.
Simplicity is the best. I guess.
Just follow the rule. Contribute most of your time and effort.
Daily water change is a must.
Using top notch equipment.
That's it.

Cheers,

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12505924#post12505924 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by meschaefer
Congratulations. I had seen pictures of your tank on RC before, and it was no surprise that it became a Tank of the Month.

Best Wishes

Matthew

Matthew. Thanks.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12506673#post12506673 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Luiz Seadorf
Beautiful !!!

A question: using DSB, SSB or BB ??

Luiz. Thanks.
I use SSB(shallow sand bed).

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12507116#post12507116 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Limpit
WOW, This has got to be one of the most stunning tanks I have ever seen! I really like the colors and variety of corals in your tank. I was also surprised on how much lighting you are using.
Excellent work Chingchai, I can only hope that some day I will have a tank that looks at least half as nice as yours.
Happy Reefing!

Limpit. Thanks.
I am sure you can have much better tank than mine. It is just the matter of time and effort. Cheers.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12507589#post12507589 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by prop-frags
I knew it was only a matter of time when I saw your thread that you'd be getting this honor.
Your dedication to the hobby is captured in the picture of your display tank. Truly an amazing accomplishment...BRAVO!

Of all the TOTMs over the years,

yours is the best of the best!

CONGRATS!

prop-frags. Thanks a lot.

Congats! I never tire of looking at pictures of your system. So many beautiful corals inter-mingled makes for an amazing aquascape. Glad to see you on TOTM. :)

Beautiful tank. Flat out beautiful
You seem a master at sps, or atleast yours, i'm trying to start an sps tank, Any key things that you do that are unique or do you have any advice for people who dream of a tank that looks like yours.

Chingchai,

Thank you so much for sharing your tank. It truly is an inspiration to those of us who love sps. What great color!!

I agree with previous comments that your tank is worthy of "Tank of the year" for sure!

I don't like it, there's not enough colors or corals. I believe you should pack it all up and bring it to me and then start over. :D

Seriously, congratulations, not on receiving the TOTM (well that too), but on having such a beautiful tank and the time and dedication you bring to this hobby. It is a great inspiration to any hobbyist with its kaleidoscope entanglement of growth and brilliant colors.

Stunning...

Excellent tank. Very well executed design and wonderful coloration. I would plan a trip to Thailand just to view this tank. One of the best tanks I've seen for sure.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12510374#post12510374 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jnarowe
Congats! I never tire of looking at pictures of your system. So many beautiful corals inter-mingled makes for an amazing aquascape. Glad to see you on TOTM. :)

Jonathan. Thanks a lot.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12510879#post12510879 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jason214
Beautiful tank. Flat out beautiful
You seem a master at sps, or atleast yours, i'm trying to start an sps tank, Any key things that you do that are unique or do you have any advice for people who dream of a tank that looks like yours.

jason214. Thanks.
My advice: If you want to have nice and long run SPS tank, don't be afraid to invest on high end equipments.
Believe me, you get what you pay for.

Back