Tank of the Month - October '06

Hey buddy! Congrats for a great tank and for a great honor!! Top notch setup, and the size of your corals can only be matched by some of what we saw in Houston. God Bless Texas!:D

Wow

Wow

Thats a great tank you have. I realy like it

Where can i get the PO4 Hach spectrometer and
NO3 Hach spectrometer that you use??

Best regards from Sweden

Chris, that is a beautiful tank.

It's a perfect example of less is more.

And when it comes to equipment, that's beautiful too! It's a perfect example of more is more!

Thanks for all your efforts.

Matthew.

:thumbsup: Beautiful tank Chris. Stunning corals. Like others said, its nice to see mature coral growth. :)

Thanks again everyone!!!
wrang, I have a friend in our club who has access to the Hach spectrometer at work. The one unit will actually do multiple different tests, but at a price of more than $3000, I don't see myself ever buying one
:)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8299125#post8299125 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cward
Thanks again everyone!!!
wrang, I have a friend in our club who has access to the Hach spectrometer at work. The one unit will actually do multiple different tests, but at a price of more than $3000, I don't see myself ever buying one
:)

Okey thanks for the answer. I thougt it was like a Hanna instrument pocket tester ;)

Your size of the tank is so nice. next time i change my tank i will put a mind of yours ;)
I realy like the deep that the fish can swim back or not like regular tank
side to side, up and down :lol:

Your tank is absolutely nice. I love your corals, fishes, and invertibrates. Congraduation man, great peace of artificial ecosystem there.

What is this? what does it do in your system?
tn_fequipmentroom018_jpg.jpg

Is this your giant refugium? It's very nice to have a refugium this big.
equipmentroom023.jpg

Thank you very much.
The digital timer on the left controls the MH lights over the remote DSB and the refugium, and the mechanical timer on the right controls the MH lights over the main tank.
Yes, the 100g Rubbermaid is the refugium.

Congratulations Chris,

I was wondering if you have more close-up pictures of your plumbing, gadgets and how everything is connected. I always like to get ideas from others. Thanks

- stephen

Can you elaborate on your remote DSB? I'd like to know more about how you supply water to it, what flow rate you run through it, is it lit? If so why? Could you also post some pics of it if at all possible?

I love the clean open look of your tank. Definately been one of my favorites since seing pics of it scattered around the board.

Nick

Microsoftie, I will try to get some plumbing pictures posted soon.

maxxII, here's a better picture of the 60g remote DSB. The flow comes from an Ampmaster 3600, which also feed my display, so I'm guessing I have about 1000gph feeding that tank. I also have the the water going thru a Sea Swirl so the chance of dead spots is reduced. I light the tank because I occasionally have frags in that tank. The Chaeto that's in the picture grew too big to keep in the remote DSB, so I threw it in the refugium.
30741Remote-DSB-med.jpg

So the only thing you've currently got in the remote DSB is a couple of coral frags and whatever sand dwelling micro organisms live in the sand?

How long have you had the R-DSB going?

Nick

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8305222#post8305222 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cward
I light the tank because I occasionally have frags in that tank.
[/B]

So you "say" that the refugium works great without light
and get the same work like it has light on it?

Hope you understand.
I plan to put some AragaLive Live Sand in my sump and can realy find if it works with this to in the dark...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8306656#post8306656 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wrang
So you "say" that the refugium works great without light
and get the same work like it has light on it?

The refugium and remote DSB both have lights over them. I light the DSB because I have light loving frags in there also, or else I would not keep a light over it. Same thing with the refugium, the only reason I light it is because I'm growing Chaeto.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8306685#post8306685 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cward
And a plethora of these:D
30741DSB-aptasia-med.jpg

The remote DSB has been set up for about six months.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
Aiptaisa farm!!!!!!

Why didnt we see pics of that in the TOTM write up????

:D

JK

Thanks for sharing that info....

is there anything about your tank you would do differently?

Nick

It's my new experimental filtration system:D You ought to see my overflow:eek2:

Actually there is something I wish I would have done. A tank twice the size of this one:lol:

The next tank will be Starphire glass that is about 96"X48"X36", or even longer if I have enough room.

Back