Tank of the Month - October 2007

Thanks Reef.

there are actually a lot of us in this club (Central Oklahoma Marine Aq. Soc- COMAS) that use T5s solely.

You should Ray's (2RAs) tank. The colors in his tank are stunning.

And I totally agree....its an addiction not a hobby.

Congratulations Paul, by far one of the most deserving TOTM that I can remember. The aquascaping is both natural and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. The detailed husbandry is truly unmatched, I just can't say enough about it my friend.

I had the pleasure of seeing this gem in December of 2006 in its infant stages. It was an awesome display then, now I'm simply blown away by the exceptionally growth. Guess I'll be paying you a visit soon my friend. Tell Mrs. Whitby I said hello. Congrats again.

Mucho Reef

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey MR, thanks!
The tank has certainly come a long way from when you saw it last year.

This was where it was at a year ago....half T5 and half MH (MH at back).

tank10-15-02800pix-3.jpg

I wish I had the power to grow ricordia like you do Mucho!....You had to have the most colorful TOTM I have seen....just breathtaking.

Regards,

Paul.

Reefs:

I dont think Ray has ever posted a dedicated thread. Let me see if I can find a pic for you to see.

Awesome tank Dude ... I've been toying with/drwing up plans for something aroun 500G with all the plumbing, etc. in the basement .. this just gives me more conviction ... CONGRATS! on T.O.M.:beer:

How long (short of the planning) did that take to put together with some kind of likeable/physical results???

i love it! i was subscribe to your thread in the large reef tank forum when you first started this setup but i believe you moved it to your club forum.. Nice to see it all finish and thriving beautifully!

What do you feed the tank?

What do you feed the tank?

Beautiful tank!

What do you feed the corals?

-Jocca

pwhitby, what is the life span of the bulbs? i run T5's also on my tank but i'm new to it. have you ever tried the atinic plus bulbs?

I run actinic +...I like them.

Lifespan is a tough call.....10 month is my thought right now.
I really would like to the potential spectral shifts examined over time.

P.

Coral feeding....

Coral feeding....

Thank you for the quick reply...

That's amazing...you don't feed the corals at all?

Do you feed the tank DT's or any type of phytoplankton?

-J

Paul that is incredible!! Absolutely Beautiful. Could you post some pics of your fish room. I would like to see how it all fits together. Also, do you have a concern/problem with your anemones moving and attacking sps and other corals?
Flounderfish

Jocca,

Nope, I dont feed anything other than Thera pellets (with garlic) and a frozen food I make myself from minced clams, shrimp, fish, squid, scallops.

Some of it is blended a little more to make it fine, so its conceivable the corals get that...but I dont feed anything specifically for the corals.

Flounderfish.

I will dig some pics out for you with the layout annotated on them.
REmind me if I forget...

P.

Back