Tank of the Month - October 2007

I know you have heard it before but, what an awesome tank. does your trigger bother your corals at all?

AnotherMineral/Reefing/Bill/Olivert/Jan...

Thanks for taking time to stop by and leave compliments. I wish it were possible for you to se the true size of the tank.....pictures really give the impression of size at all.

Bill:
Yes he does. I am surprised no one has commented on the fact that one coral in one picture looks like nudibranchs are eating it.

It is this picture:
topdown-pillar2-3.jpg

the brownish plate on the right hand side is a porites I believe. He sometimes scrapes his teeth on that. Not enough to kill it, but enough to gouge it. He is though, stunning. The markings on his face really stand out in real life, but I didnt really manage to capture them by camera. The damage to the coral I can forgive.

Reefs:
I managed to get one of the first runs of that skimmer and I love it. As for true rating, I have no idea....but 600g seems a good start.

Thanks all,
Paul.

Congratz Paul! You are very deserving of this.

As stated several times, it is much better in person. Truely amamzing actually.

This is a mini video of the tank just after installing the last two pillars. Its not great quality and is blue since I can color correct the original. It does however give a feel for the 3d layout of the pillars and the coral placement.

at the time I was running MH across the back and the fron LHS, T5s on the RHS.

Paul.

Flounderfish:

here you go:
Pics of the fishroom....or my garage as it used to be called.

sump1annotated.jpg

sump2annotated.jpg

There are now lights suspended over the refugium and there is a large roll of chaeto/caulerpa rolling in the flow from the spray bar.

At a later date a frag tank will be installed over the top of the refugium (2 feet above it) and a shelf placed over the main sump for storage and stuff.

The refugium is fed from the bracuda pump (it splits off of a manifold I made) before the water flows into the main tank (via the chiller).

Does that help ?

Paul.

Paul,

You are a very mean person. How dare you make me feel this jealous!!!! I can only sit here and stare at pictures of your tank wishing it was in my den.

Thanks for my newest case of depression. ;)

PS

AWESOME TANK!

Very nice. Let me know when you find that secret to getting ricordia to thrive.

Do you zoos do very well, as far as growth of the colony size?

Steve,

Yes they do great. Both at the base of the pillars and at the top back of the tank (a few that were on old rock from my 225g tank made it back there).

Ricordia though....not a chance. I just dont get it.

Oh well....

P.

Stunning!

Stunning!

Congradulations on a superb job from start to finish. If you wish to frag that out-of-control (!) puple polyped Montipora just let me know and we'll make contact !!!!

Great write up, Paul. I was reading through here and thought, 'man, he should post up a link to a video', and there it was. :)

Congratulations! There are many of us who try to follow your example.

Now, get with that bar and lounge chairs! :)

Wow!!! I really love the pillars, very life like!!! And the fish sellection is wonderful.

How high do you have your T5's from your water?

absolutely stunning tank Paul. congrats on a much deserved TOTM.

someday i'll have the resources to setup a tank like that...someday. :D

Back