Tank of the Month - September 2004

John,
Congratulations on TOTM. It is very well deserved. It's nice to see some other Brooklyn born 65 gallon reef tank owners out there!:D

:thumbsup:

Congrats John! Awesome tank, corals and colours... a true testimony to your passion, dedication and reef husbandry! ;)

How time flies... it seems like not too long ago when we were tinkering with our 10g nanos. :)

Look forward to your 180g and later the 500g!

Dan

Congratulations! Beautiful tank!:thumbsup:
Iââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢d like to know how you clean the sand of this tank. Itââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢s full of rics and tridacnas

Beautiful tank. Love the srooms.

Question, how do you deal with the nuisance algae? Does it ever invade you SPS' space?

Also, do you have a large sand bed in your 7 gallon algae tank? Do you think that could be contributing to your algae problem in your show tank?

Again, awesome tank!!!

Your tank is very sweet especially with all the fish life you have kept as well.

If you don't feed DT's or some other phytoplankton, how is your pod population? I've always been told that the phyto is not only for the filter feeder corals/inverts but the pods as well to keep them plenty.

Outstanding, makes me think I don't need the new 140 I'm planning? ;)
You guys truly make the smaller tanks "Larger then Life"

Do you run a chiller?
Is there a framework supporting the rock, or is it just well placed rock?

Rich :cool:
75g Reef Cycle Phase #2

Great tank!

I also live in NOVA (at least some of the time), and was wondering what you consider your favorite LFS. I actually use the many petcos in our area because they have such inexpensive livestock, but I've found that "Super Pets" (in Annandale) and "Marine Scene" (Herndon) have some very nice more expensive fish/corals.

that is one of the coolest tanks i have ever seen but i count 15 fish. i like stocked tanks(my 30g will have 7 fish) but i'm suprised no-one has commented on this. not the slightest bit of offence meaned by this but i think that it is good to see someone else with a highly stocked tank;)

Beautiful tank and incredible photographs. I'm more than impressed. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Back