Tank of the Month - September 2007

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10825419#post10825419 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by acrouse
Mike -absolutely stunning!!! The fish-the corals-the stand your wife built-the photography-the write up about your tank--truly amazing!! The mixture of all the colors is beautiful!! Congratulations and keep up the excellent hard work.
jolene

Thx's for the great comment>>>>

Mike:rollface:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10825816#post10825816 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by joubentwin
Congrats, I am really impressed with your fish population and how well it works for you.

Thank you......

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10829024#post10829024 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cmejaf30
absolutely amazing. as a newcomer (to corals) and really getting into the hobby it's nice to have something to dream about. I'll settle for my 55 right now but having that explanation and tank to look at is amazazing!!

Keep at it...Your 55gal will turn out awesome....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10834944#post10834944 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by John Brancheau
Without a doubt, one of the most spectacular systems I have ever seen, a true and utter beauty...

Thank you for sharing it with us...

John

Thank you for the kind words....And taking a look...

Mike,

I really like the Red-head wrasse, H. rubricephalus. This is a rare fish. Where did you obtain it? Was it difficult to acclimate and has it been well behaved? I remember reading that people were not having much success with this species. Thanks.

Sensational display Mike congratulations - Any tips from Jim on the fabulous photography would be appreciated - novice reef keeper and photographer that I am

Mike: You mentioned that your main reason for your weekly water changes is to replace trace elements. I take it in the past you tried adding Trace Elements supplements on their own. Did this not work for you and any thoughts on that?

MIke my congratulations from Panama !!

unfortunately in my country we ca not buy the SPS corals only very few soft corals.

Regards
Fernando Chang

What do you think is the most important factor in your success in sps. The reactor or skimmer. I have 400 watt bulbs but my water quality isn't great. I'm adding reef advantage calcium at this time. My caps are doing great but some sps grow, then i loose them after they get double or triple in size.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10840741#post10840741 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Chooch1
Mike,

I really like the Red-head wrasse, H. rubricephalus. This is a rare fish. Where did you obtain it? Was it difficult to acclimate and has it been well behaved? I remember reading that people were not having much success with this species. Thanks.

I acquired 3 Red heads from a friend and only 1 made it....The fish has a great personalty and will eat rite out of my hand..The one that survived was eating with in the second day...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10874394#post10874394 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jumboshrimp18
Mike: You mentioned that your main reason for your weekly water changes is to replace trace elements. I take it in the past you tried adding Trace Elements supplements on their own. Did this not work for you and any thoughts on that?
I tried using Kent essential trace elements and just wasn't getting the result's I was looking for...I really like the consistency of all the ingredients in Tropic Marin salt...I have the best luck doing weekly water changes to replenish all the trace elements...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10875739#post10875739 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fernando Chang
MIke my congratulations from Panama !!

unfortunately in my country we ca not buy the SPS corals only very few soft corals.

Regards
Fernando Chang

I am sorry that you can't experience growing SPS corals...Why can't you buy SPS's corals in your country??? Are they illegal ???

Mike

:rollface:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10876596#post10876596 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by volivier
What do you think is the most important factor in your success in sps. The reactor or skimmer. I have 400 watt bulbs but my water quality isn't great. I'm adding reef advantage calcium at this time. My caps are doing great but some sps grow, then i loose them after they get double or triple in size.

PM sent

Mike

Hi Mike, your tank is simply incredible. It's probably the best I have seen so far. For your Reeflo Orca model 250 protein skimmer, I have been trying to locate the manufacturer's website but to no avail. Would you happen to have the info? Thanks.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10877714#post10877714 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stg
Hi Mike, your tank is simply incredible. It's probably the best I have seen so far. For your Reeflo Orca model 250 protein skimmer, I have been trying to locate the manufacturer's website but to no avail. Would you happen to have the info? Thanks.

Hey stg,

I beleive Premium Aquatics offers this skimmer. Where are you from? I know here in Chicago, regular ground fom Premium is 1 day delivery.

Mike !

thanks for yr reply the only two stores order the corals and fishes in Miami and understand they send the list however the distributors ship what they have and not what the stores ordered. this is why we do not have the beatiful SPS corals in Panama only very few soft corals. Panama is a small country less that 3 millions persons however market for this hobby is very good. I can fly to Miami to buy the SPS corals but due to security regulations I can not bring with me any type of liquid !
Again you have a great and beatiful reef !!

Regards
Fernando Chang

Back