Tank setup for sale

Chelsey

Clownfish Addict
Premium Member
I'm getting ready to move to Kansas City, and since my reef tank crashed and has basically become a FOWLR with overkill equipment, I'm tearing it down. The following equipment and tank is for sale. It's been a while since I've been around, so if I'm way off on the prices please (nicely) let me know. I'm not out to rip anybody off, but at the same time I'm not out to be taken advantage of either ;) I will be back in Columbia on Friday and will clean up equipment and take pictures of the items in their current condition at that time. Pictures from when everything was new will be posted tonight. I can deliver to St Louis, including the tank and stand, though if I'm delivering tank/stand I'd prefer a little gas money :) Prices are obo.

100 gallon cube tank (36" x 36" x 18"), made by glass cages, 1/2" thick glass. Nice tank, definitely heavy duty. $250

OR

Tank/Stand/Suspended canopy - Tank dimensions are listed above, stand is pretty basic and not skinned, but it works very well and holds the tank with no problems. Plywood top, plywood base where the sump and equipment sits. Suspended canopy has been painted black, and is slightly larger than the tank. Comes with hardware that allows you to pull it up and down for maintenance or to adjust the lighting for new corals/new bulbs. It fits two VHOs and 2 lumenbright reflectors. You could probably put only VHOs or T5s in the canopy, or if you chose to use smaller reflectors possibly 4 MHs. $325

PFO 175 watt Dual Metal Halide Ballast - In good condition, I haven't had a single problem with it. 150

Lumen Bright reflectors - Two available, in great condition. I can't remember for sure, but I think I got the minis, as seen here: http://www.marinedepot.com/CoralVue...Reflectors-CoralVue-CV1351-FILTACRAMH-vi.html I can get dimensions on Friday, but I know they fit in the suspended canopy on this tank just fine, so they're <18" across each. $70 each

PFO 2 Bulb VHO Retro - Also in good condition, no problems. This is it: http://www.premiumaquatics.com/thestore/prods/PFO-VHOR2.html $80

Geo 612 Calcium Reactor - no leaks or problems here either. Comes with Eheim pump as seen here: http://premiumaquatics.com/store/me...Code=PA&Product_Code=PA-GEO612&Category_Code= $225

Tunze 6045 - 2 available, earlier models but are still working for me. I'll clean these up and make sure there are no internal problems, but I think they're great. Both come with a magnet and holder. $50 each

Tunze 6025 - 2 available, earlier models but are still working for me. I'll clean these up and make sure there are no internal problems, but I think they're great. Both come with a magnet and holder. $40 each

Marco Rocks Live Rock - 25lbs Tonga shelf and 50lbs Fiji, seeded with IPSF's coralline algae disks. This rock is awesome, great shapes, easy to stack, easy to shove rods in if you want to do some creative aquascaping. It does have some sps skeleton encrustation on it, and maybe a few pest anemones, but nothing extreme. It's still got some coralline, but my bulbs are probably 2 years old, if not older, so the coralline isn't that great. I would expect it to bounce right back. Nice sized pieces. $4.00/lb

Here's a pic of the rock in my tank, taken about 6 months after setup, maybe less:

fts2.jpg

And here's a diagram of how the cube tank is built:
cubetank.jpg

Feel free to ask questions. I can meet you in St Louis with this stuff, but if you're not easily available I would prefer paypal ahead of time so that I will definitely be able to meet up with you instead of holding an item indefinitely :)

Current pics will be taken Friday afternoon/evening, but everything is in good shape, no leaks.

More to add:

Black cap basslet - the biggest I've ever seen, 3"+ - $45

Blue tang - 3-4" long, raised from a teeny tiny little dude - $40

:( you will be missed.

I want the Tunze 6045's but I don't have the free cash yet, so if they're around for a week or two I'll check in with you then. Good luck on your sale and move.

I live in Columbia MO, middle of the state, but can deliver to the STL area.

Here's an album with a ton of pictures from when my tank was first up and running. You can see pics of the tank, stand, canopy, lights, live rock, etc here

I'm not completely getting out, I still have my nano, but I just don't have time for this anymore and it will be a big pain to move.

Black Cap Basslet and Tunze 6045s are currently pending to Freddie. Everything else still available.

I don't know how many more pictures I've got available, I can take more tomorrow evening though. I have to warn you, it won't be pretty, the tank's been neglected for a while and there are no longer any corals in the tank. With regard to the whole setup, PM me an offer. Would you be willing to come and get everything, or would you want everything brought to you?

Thanks, I saw the pictures in the album and would like to see it in it's current standing. I have a 34 g redmax, so this would be a next step for me. I'll post again later on a price and how to get it here but would prefer if you can get it here. I am hopeful all equipment is there to start it up.

I will get pics of it in its current state tomorrow evening. For the most part it's plug and play, but WILL NOT come with the following: controller, return pump, sump, heater. Also, the bulbs will need replacing.

Everything, other than the black cap basslet, is still for sale. I really need this stuff gone...if you're interested in anything please make me an offer. If you want to see more pictures of stuff, or something specific, send me a message and I'll get to it ASAP.

Please note the updated prices. Pictures of a lot of stuff can be found in my facebook album, link in my 8-8-12 post at 4pm. Prices are obo.

100 gallon cube tank (36" x 36" x 18"), made by glass cages, 1/2" thick glass. Nice tank, definitely heavy duty. Pending teetimefun

OR

Tank/Stand/Suspended canopy - Tank dimensions are listed above, stand is pretty basic and not skinned, but it works very well and holds the tank with no problems. Plywood top, plywood base where the sump and equipment sits. Suspended canopy has been painted black, and is slightly larger than the tank. Comes with hardware that allows you to pull it up and down for maintenance or to adjust the lighting for new corals/new bulbs. It fits two VHOs and 2 lumenbright reflectors. You could probably put only VHOs or T5s in the canopy, or if you chose to use smaller reflectors possibly 4 MHs. $325

PFO 175 watt Dual Metal Halide Ballast - In good condition, I haven't had a single problem with it. $125

Lumen Bright reflectors - Two available, in great condition. I can't remember for sure, but I think I got the minis, as seen here: http://www.marinedepot.com/CoralVue...Reflectors-CoralVue-CV1351-FILTACRAMH-vi.html I can get dimensions on Friday, but I know they fit in the suspended canopy on this tank just fine, so they're <18" across each. $60 each

PFO 2 Bulb VHO Retro - Also in good condition, no problems. This is it: http://www.premiumaquatics.com/thestore/prods/PFO-VHOR2.html $70

Geo 612 Calcium Reactor - no leaks or problems here either. Comes with Eheim pump as seen here: http://premiumaquatics.com/store/me...Code=PA&Product_Code=PA-GEO612&Category_Code= $200

Tunze 6045 - 2 available, earlier models but are still working for me. I'll clean these up and make sure there are no internal problems, but I think they're great. Both come with a magnet and holder. Pending teetimefun

Tunze 6025 - 2 available, earlier models but are still working for me. I'll clean these up and make sure there are no internal problems, but I think they're great. Both come with a magnet and holder. $35 each

Marco Rocks Live Rock - 25lbs Tonga shelf and 50lbs Fiji, seeded with IPSF's coralline algae disks. This rock is awesome, great shapes, easy to stack, easy to shove rods in if you want to do some creative aquascaping. It does have some sps skeleton encrustation on it, and maybe a few pest anemones, but nothing extreme. It's still got some coralline, but my bulbs are probably 2 years old, if not older, so the coralline isn't that great. I would expect it to bounce right back. Nice sized pieces. $3.50/lb

Feel free to ask questions. I can meet you in St Louis with this stuff, but if you're not easily available I would prefer paypal ahead of time so that I will definitely be able to meet up with you instead of holding an item indefinitely :)

Please feel free to make me offers guys...I move in 2 weeks and need this stuff gone ASAP!

New price on live rock: $2.50/lb

Lumenbright reflectors: $50 each

PFO dual 175 MH ballast: $100

VHO retro: $60

Back